As you can see Teddi received a sweet welcome upon arrival at my sister Amy's home, mind you it was 4 a.m when we arrived, but the balloons were shimmering in the moonlight and the welcome home signs were lit with a spotlight! These pictures were taken the next day when conditions were a little more favorable, and everyone was a bit rested!
Flit flanked by Grinner, and five year old cousin Landon--who was more than ready to finally meet his "Teddi bear", as he calls her.
Landon, thank you for being so sweet to Teddi!
Precious cousins united at last!
My sweet sister Amy gets some Teddi loves . . .
"Aunt MeeMee", thank you for every prayer prayed, by you and your friends, we are grateful. Also to Aunt Jodi and Uncle Fritz, and their church, who helped pray our sweet girl home!
So many people played a part in Teddi's story, we are thankful to each of you!
More cousins to meet! Two days after we arrived in Michigan we had a big party with all of my family . . . about 25 total . . . this is the "youngest" bunch . . . Gabrielle, Teddi, Thomson, Landon & Brogan!
I wanted to share a little story . . . my youngest brother Tad had prepared his kiddos for Teddi, by letting them know that her mouth might look a little different, and that she might talk a little different. An hour or so after meeting Teddi, Gabrielle (almost seven) reported, "Daddy, I think God made Teddi just right, I really like her." Yep Gabrielle, I'm with you!
I'd better stop for now, I have much more to share, but it's been a busy day. We arrived home at 1:20 this morning, and at 1:10 this afternoon (12 hours later) Bry was out the door, headed for the airport and a four day conference in Virginia. Thank you Bry for bringing us all home safe and sound, and for unloading the car top carrier before you repacked your bag to go! I love you!
Thank you blogging buddies for checking in--sorry for the big absence of posts . . . family time was just too precious to spend blogging, if and when there was Internet, but I'm back, and I can't wait to catch up with all of you!
Love to our families, we miss you already, along with the cooler temperatures . . .the soft Michigan grass . . . and, okay-- the doughnuts! Thank you for a wonderful time!
Blessings from my nest, it's good to be home!
Tina







7 comments:
SOOO glad you are home--we missed you! Sounds like a wonderful trip for all. Thanks for sharing new pics of Teddi with family. Happy Monday!
Love,
Melissa
Tina! WOW!!!!!!!!!! Your post was filled with so much love. The "Welcome Billboard" was beautiful! Oh, how good is our God? What amazing love.
And please tell your niece, Gabrielle, that she is so right. God DID make Teddi JUST RIGHT!!
Hugs,
Ohilda
Glad you are home! Looks like you had a wonderful time with family. It looks like Teddi has grown an inch too! Can't wait to get Teddi and Miss Claire together very soon!
This is a BEAUTIFUL post. What a loving welcome for your precious girl. So glad that you had such a wonderful time visiting your family.
Blessings,
Sarah
Tina,
I missed you terribly!! I know you had a great trip...your family sounds wonderful!
Teddi just fit in perfectly!! I love seeing her with her cousins.
Glad your back my friend!!
Kim
It's so good to hear from Mama Bird again! We've missed you, but it looks like yall had SO many good times and made some wonderful memories! Teddi is SO loved by all...including your bloggy friends!
Your pictures blessed my heart this morning!
Welcome back Tina. Things are finally getting some what normal around here. Isabelle is FINALLY feeling better. The poor girl has only been well a few days out of the month we have had her. Thank you for all your love and support. Look forward to chatting with your soon.
caroline
Post a Comment