Sunday, February 1, 2009

Go Kurt Go!

"If you ever really want to do a story about who I am, God's got to be at the center of it. Every time I hear a piece or read a story that doesn't have that, they're missing the whole lesson of who I am." - Kurt Warner

I'm not a huge football fan, but I am a Kurt Warner fan, so that is how I'm picking my Superbowl XLIII team today.   It's a girlie way to pick, I know, but hey, I'm a girl!  

We had the privelege of hearing Kurt Warner speak at a National Day of Prayer event held on Lackland Air Force Base in the spring of 2004.  His heart for the Lord is genuine, and he puts his faith into action continually, to improve the lives of others.  He's the real deal.  He and his beautiful wife Brenda have seven children! I love this guys heart.

Kurt, and four week old Brogie,
hangin' out  after the prayer breakfast . . .

Go Kurt Go!

Blessings from our football watchin' nest . . . 

Tina

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Tina, We were rooting for Kurt in our house, too. :( So sad he didn't end the night with a trophy, but this special guy's sure to find his reward in Heaven! What a great life story he has.

Patientlywaiting said...

We were cheering for Kurt too. It was a good game even though he didn't win.

When we lived in Illinois, Kurt was the quarterback for the St Louis Rams. We had several people tell us that my hubby looked like Kurt!

I love the pictures with Brogie!

Hugs,
Robin

Bonnie said...

GO CARDINALS!! What a great game!!! I am bummed they didn't win, but it was a great ride.
I picked Cardinals for a carnal reason--our new president said he wanted the Steelers to win, so I went with the other team..
pretty bad huh?
Actually, I knew about Kurt too.
It is really neat you got to meet him and hear him speak.
Blessings to you friend,
Bonnie

Margaret M said...

I bet that was so much fun. Tina, I just had to share an award with you. Please go to my blog when you have time for the details! Hugs! Margaret