Update: (Friday night)
We are 12 hours from wedding bells and I am off to bed! Teddi rested most of the morning, and was able to make it through the rehearsal luncheon and the rehearsal. She still needs Tylen*l with codeine, but is eating well and smiling lots. Thank you all so much for your prayers, I know that they have made a huge difference for all of us, especially Teddi.
My beautiful Taylor girl is getting ready to fly . . . I'll post again as soon as I can!
Blessings from my wedding bells are ringin' nest ~
Love and thanks,
Tina
This is going to be quick, as it is late and I am exhausted, and we are 36 hours from wedding bells . . .
Teddi fell on the trampoline on Wednesday evening. Yes, I did say she fell "on" . . . we have a safety net, and she was jumping alone as cousins watched. She landed wrong and broke her arm at the elbow. I wasn't home, and got a frantic phone call from daddy. We were soon at the nearest ER, where they determined that is was indeed broken, gave her morphine and splinted it, and then we had to transfer her to another hospital (the same one she had her palate surgery at) so that they could operate. She had surgery at 11:00 pm Wednesday night to put two pins in her elbow. It only took about thirty minutes, and they did not have to go "in" the pins were inserted from the outside. She's in a splint until next Thursday, when they will cast her for about three more weeks. We spent the night at the hospital and were discharged at 9:30 Thursday morning. We arrived home just in time to greet the continous flow of family arriving for the wedding . . .
Her right arm was wrapped to protect the I.V.
and her left elbow is in the splint, and sling --
which we have fondly named the "arm purse".
A looooong nap after arriving home.
A cheerier picture from Tuesday--
taken after a Chinese lunch to celebrate her
Forever Family Day!
Teddi's big break happened a mere four hours after our 12 month post-placement visit with our social worker. Our visit happened to fall due right in the middle of wedding week since I neglected to schedule it sooner. Oh my busy nest . . .
Please pray for a speedy healing of my little bird's broken wing. Pray too, that she can manage a modified version of the wedding rehearsal (and luncheon) tomorrow, as well as fulfill her flower girl responsibilities at noon on Saturday. Pray for her mama bird's strength.
Thank you dear family and friends, in advance, for your prayers. My first born bird will arrive tomorrow, just in time for rehearsal. And my Taylor bird is nearly ready to spread her wings and fly . . .
Blessings from my emotional nest ~
Tina







18 comments:
Oh my Tina, Bless your heart! I will for sure be praying. Give Teddi a big hug from me.
Love you friend,
Kim
Poor Teddi!! And poor Mama!!
My relationship ended with the trampoline when my oldest fell "on" it too and broke her ankle.
I'm praying for all of you!!
ENJOY your weekend!!
Blessings,
Jenn
Oh! My poor friend! I am sorry to hear about Teddi's big break! I am sad to hear that she broke her elbow. I will be praying that she recovers quickly. Hang in there my friend, and know that your nest is being covered in prayer.
We love you!
See you Saturday!
Alycia
Oh, I'm so sorry for Teddi! What a terrible thing to happen! I'm praying she recovers soon...praying for you, too.
Hugs!
Oh my goodness! The poor little doodlebug. I hope she is feeling well enough to enjoy the wedding and being flower girl! And I hope you have nothing at all but smooth sailing through wedding time now!!! We'll be thinking of Teddi!
Jen and Sunny
Emotional nest indeed! What a lot on your plate already and then to have to see your Teddi suffer a broken arm. I'll pray for a speedy recovery for Teddi and a smooth and joyful wedding weekend for you all.
Oh no! I'm SO sorry that Teddi broke her elbow!
We will pray for you and your family.
Joy
Thanks for the update! Saw the accident posted on Robin's blog and called her to get the news. Have been praying for you guys ever since. Love the arm purse! Still praying that the rest of the weekend goes well. Post pictures of your lovely girls all dressed up when things slow down (When is that? June?) (:
Love you dear friend,
Melissa
Robin sent out a prayer request on her blog so we have been praying for Teddi and for all of you Tina. You are in our thoughts and prayers as you go through these emotional days ahead. Sending you a BIG BLOGGY HUG!
Prayers prayers and more prayers!
Oh Tina....sending you hugs, chocolate, and everything else I can muster...May the Lord fill you with His peace!!!!!
So sorry to hear about your sweet baby girl. I pray that our Father gives you the strength you need to get through the days ahead. Praying she heals quickly and the pain subsides quickly.
I only looked at one blog last night - it was Robins and saw that Teddi had been injured. OH HOW HORRIBLE! I went to prayer immediately and prayed throughout the night for her and YOU! I can't imagine - and right before wedding bells! I continue to pray for comfort, painfree and grace for you and all the rest...Love from Colorado!
Oh Teddi...hang in there...our prayers are with you. Enjoy the wonderful wedding celebration...love to all your family!
Happy belated Gotcha...so glad our lives crossed during that amazing journey.
Oh, Tina! I just read this post (we are out of town). I pray that sweet Teddi is feeling better. I was praying for your whole family (and especially Taylor) yesterday. I can't wait to hear about the wedding.
Blessings to you,
Sarah
Thinking of you today, Tina! I hope this day after is bringing you much rest and peace and joy! I pray Teddi is on a quick path to recovery!
Waiting for wedding photos to be posted and praying Teddi is feeling much better. Love from NE!
Oh my goodness, your poor baby bird! Tina, I am so late on learning this. I am so sorry. I cannot imagine the roller coaster of emotions you had with so much BIG going on in your lives! Praying that Teddi is feeling like a million dollar birdy these days. She sure looked great in the wedding portrait! Oh tina, praying for calmer...even BORING days for a bit for you, dear friend!
Love, Amy
Oh Tina! I am so sorry. Poor baby girl!!
Glad to hear that she is better and that the wedding was wonderful. I could just imagine the joy your family shared on that special day.
Post a Comment