Where to begin?
At the top, I guess.
Or more appropriately the summit. Many of you may remember that when I left off in June, Brady was headed to Colorado on a mission/excursion with an organization called Dry Bones. He spent three days climbing a peak in the Rockies, and then another three days hanging out with the street kids in Denver. The climb was tough, really tough, but Brady said he would do it all again, if given the chance, including the street stuff.
This is my guy at the summit-- 14,000 feet! Am I a proud mom? Oh yeah. I love that huge "I did it!" grin he's wearing. Way to go B!
Never at a loss for things to do, Brogie declared one day, "We are going to make masks out of paper plates!" Followed by a hopeful, "Mom will you help us?" They picked the animals and I assisted. These are their proud results. The next day, Brogan wanted to make a monkey, and Teddi a tiger so . . . we did it all again.
We headed to Houston (three hours away) to celebrate Independence Day with the "Newlys"-- Taye and Frankie! Bry had a four day weekend, so he and I and the "littles" had a nice stay in the big city! This flag was hanging in the Memorial City Mall. "Oh say can you see . . . "
Swimming in the beautiful pool at big sister's new apartment complex. We had it all to ourselves on the 4th of July. Nice!
A visit to the mall meant a fun ride on a double decker carousel. Flit loved it!
Grinner was all about riding the tiger . . .
Taylor, and Frankie's sister Kathy, enjoyed the ride as well. Frankie's mom and sister were also visiting in Houston for the weekend. We had such a good time together. If you look closely in the pic above, you can see Frankie catching a nap on the bench down below.
The mall also has an ice rink. Guess who loves to skate?
Hint: He grins. A lot.
More skaters. Teddi had to be an onlooker, since she was still
on broken elbow "probation" (as in taking it easy, doctor's orders).
Next time Ted, you can slip slide with the rest of them!
Unfortunately when you are a military family, summertime usually means saying goodbye to someone, or several someones. We had to bid the Haines Gang farewell the beginning of July, as they headed for Alabama. As you might remember, Robin and Gary and their kiddos lived just down the street from us. They traveled to China just two months behind us, to bring home sweet Claire . . . Teddi's first best friend (here in the U.S.). Above is a pic of Claire's big brother Hunter, who Brogie thought was extremely cool, and funny (and he is)!
And here are our precious China treasures together. It took us a year of trying, to get a good picture of Teddi and Claire together. It only happened this time because we stood them up on a big rock--and they had to be still! Oh the things we do. We will miss you Haines Gang and we are so grateful for the special time that we shared together.
I have much more to share, but it's late, and I am supposed to be painting. Brady decided to move into Taye's bedroom since she is gone. His bedroom will now become a guest room. Wow, we've never had one of those. A nest with a guest room . . . that's what happens when the birds start flying! One catch. We allowed Brady to paint his room (a big deal in base housing where everything has to be returned to the original "melted vanilla ice cream" shade, as I call it, before you move out.) Since I don't have any big desire to decorate a guest room around Brady's choices of Pylon Orange and Hurt My Eyes Green--I'm painting. Well, I'm supposed to be painting, but actually I'm blogging! The double coat of primer has been painted (thank you Bry), but my two gallons of Glidde*n "Soothing Green Tea" await my roller. Don't tell anyone (okay, just don't tell my kids). . . the label "guest room" is really a cover up for "Mom's new quiet hangout". Ahhhhh, I can't wait.
Taye and Frankie will be here for the weekend. More motivation to get the "guestroom" painted. Guess who is finally going to get to celebrate that 25th wedding anniversary that happened in May? Yep, us, at the Hyatt on the Riverwalk! Yippee! Bry and I are escaping for a day, and a night away, thanks to the "newlyweds" who are coming to hang out with the "littles".
One more update. Teddi's Pharyngeal Flap surgery is scheduled for this coming Monday morning (the 27th). I have heard this surgery referred to as "the mother of all sore throats". Not sure how long she will be hospitalized, anywhere from one to four days is what I have seen on the "AdoptCleft" Yahoo (support) group I am a part of. Our surgeon says it shouldn't be much worse than her tonsil/adenoidectomy. The Yahoo Group mamas say the recovery is
T-O-U-G-H! Will you be in prayer for my little bird . . . and for me? My heart is so heavy right now, knowing that come this weekend I will have to "break the news" to Teddi that we are going back to the hospital so that the doctors can "help" her again. I know her tears will stream as soon as the words leave my mouth. Brogie will be going back to Houston to spend the week with big sister and Frankie. I am so thankful that I won't have to worry about Brogie as I care for Teddi, yet I've never been away from him for more than a night. I will miss my little man. Teddi will be none too happy that brother is going merrily on his way to Houston, and she gets to go to the hospital. No fair. So sorry baby girl. I'm so sorry. My heart hurts . . .
On a happier "THANKFUL THURSDAY" note . . . Dave and Rebekah arrived home with all four of their Brazilian treasures on July 6th! They are now a family of eleven, and recently posted a new family picture. Take a look here, it will bless your heart! Thank you Lord for moving many mountains on behalf of this precious family. I stand in awe! Thanks to all of you who prayed diligently for the Mowry family as well.
I have missed blogging, but honestly it has been a very good rest. Please know that I wasn't completly away . . . even though I have rarely commented, I have been peaking in (quickly) on you my friends. I have shared your wedding joys and your sweet Gotcha anniversaries, your graduation celebrations . . . your ups . . . and your downs. I am so blessed to be a part of each of your lives. Thank you. And to those of you who don't blog, but follow me along, thank you too!
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina







16 comments:
I've enjoyed following your blog for a couple months now! Adoption has always been something I've been interested so it's fun to read how it works in a real family :)
I noticed your friends the Haines are moving to Alabama. I moved from Alabama to Ohio last year and have a great church to recommend (if they will be in the Montgomery/Prattville area). It's called Fountain of Grace and is in Prattville Alabama (see fountainofgrace.us). I so enjoyed being a part of that church and so obviously think that anyone in that area might enjoy it!
SOOO good to see you back!Thanks for catching us up on all the happenings in the nest. And, thanks for sending us sunshine wishes (in spite of the Japanese forecast)--Today was beautiful and probably 15 degrees warmer than yesterday. Now, THAT'S LOVE from Texas! (:
Miss you, sweet friend. Praying for all the littles.
Love,
Melissa
Hi! We need your address pronto - my boys have something to send to Teddi. Love from NE!
So glad to see you back again! We missed hearing about our sweet friend Teddi. We will be sending her all our best thoughts on Monday (and to you too!). Hoping everything goes smoothly. Please give us an update when you can.
Jen and Sunshine
Love the new update sweet friend! Love the dress-up pictures! Gary was reading your post and he laughed and laughed at the picture! We miss you all more than words can say. Love the pics at the end too of Hunter and Brogan and of our precious treasures! I am so glad God made us neighbors so we could share our adoption experience together. God is good, He knew I needed a friend who understood what we were going through. I pray that the military will bring us together again soon!
Be on the lookout for a special package for Miss Teddi from her bestest friend! We are praying for all of you as you head into this next surgery.
Love ya,
Robin
Tina,
So good to hear about all that you have been doing. Lily asks about Teddi and actually started checking your blog to read about Teddi! I'll have to let her read this post. She'll be thrilled!
We will certainly be praying for your sweet girl. The pharyngeal flap surgery was Jadon's most difficult, but it really made a HUGE difference in his speech.
Blessings to you, friend.
Sarah
Glad to see the update and that ya'll are doing well. I pray that Teddi's surgery goes well on Monday, you are in my thoughts.
Take Care, Jennifer O
So great to get an update on all your news. We will certainly be thinking of you and praying for Teddi next week. Wonderful news for Dave and Rebekah and family. Love to all!
Such joy in your family's pictures! Thanks for splashing me today. And sweet one, I understand the sadness of saying goodbye. On the mission field, it's much the same.
Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn
PS my littlest has the same airplane shirt, he wore it to Kenya!
Well HELLO there stranger! ;)
I LOVED catching up on your beautiful family! And I will be praying for Teddi on the 27th! Sweet baby girl. She's so brave!
You are one blessed mama!
And hey, your friend that moved to Alabama...can you tell me where? We're just north of Birmingham...are we close?
It's GREAT to read from you again, Tina!
Lots of love,
Laine
Mom, the pictures are too, too cute! I love the second pool one! I miss those grins so much.
So sad for Teddi's surgery. I am praying that God will heal her, quickly!
That picture of her on your sidebar is the CUTEST!!
Miss you all and love you tons, see you tonight!!!!!
Actually the Giant Flag was the the Galleria!!! That was right after the candy store and right before the big park with the water fall....
I thought I would take a peek and check in on you Tina. As usual you are busy! Everyone looks great and the pictures are wonderful. Take care and God bless. Doris
One more comment that I left off - I will be praying that Teddi's surgery goes well on Monday and that you all are not in the hospital too long. Doris
Tina,
I don't know how I missed this post. Brady looks just like Bryce...he has grown up so much. I love catching up with you. Teddi has already had her surgery but I'll be praying for a fast recovery.
Love you,
Kim
Just now checking in and so sorry to hear about Teddi's surgery. I am praying that she is doing well and healing will come quickly. Thanks for the updates and glad to see you back again.
Praying you are blessed,
Suzette
Post a Comment