The journey of speech articulation for a cleft palate child is a long one. Throw in the fact that with orphans, sometimes their palate remains open for a very long time, then combine that with the task of learning a new language, and simply put-- the challenge is B-I-G!
Our little bird has come so very far, yet the road before us still stretches out, farther sometimes than the eye can see. Tonight we hit a milestone, one of those milestones that reminds you to keep putting one foot in front of the other . . . keep working with the therapists . . . keep doing the homework . . . keep talking and talking and talking . . . and keep listening, ever so carefully.
While we sat around the dining room table tonight my baby girl asked me for a drink of my sweet tea, and the milestone happened. Drum roll please . . . .
She said "T"! The first "T" that has ever sounded like a "T". Ever. I have never heard a sweeter "T"! Not ever. Kind of gives sweet tea a whole new meaning! :)
"T" is big. Teddi starts with "T". Imagine if you couldn't pronounce your very own name. Oh we are happy dancing here tonight.
In true Sesam*e Street fashion I'll leave you with this,
The letter of the day ~
"T"
brought to you by Teddi (after a tiny bit of stage fright) . . .
Blessings from our ever Thankful nest ~
Tina







12 comments:
Oh my goodness, that's an adorable video!
Way to go, Teddi!!
Way to go, Teddi! That is the sweetest "T" we have heard! We are doing a 10 second dance party at our house for you! Claire is in bed but I will show her your video in the morning. Great job again. We are so proud of you!
Hugs,
Robin and the gang
How cute is that???
Way to go!!!!
Blessings,
Melanie
Teddi's video brought tears to my eyes. With two cleft babies, I can certainly understand why you're celebrating. They both watched it with Emma saying, "E, E, E, E..." :)
CONGRATULATIONS TEDDI!
Yay Teddi!!! :-)
Oh my goodness!!! Hooray for Teddi!!!
We are so impressed! Very well spoken!
We miss you all!
Love,
Alycia and family
Dear Teddi,
That's really cool that you can say "T". I hope you feel good, and I read the message from you. You are my friend and I like you too. I miss you too and I hope that I'll be able to write more. You are really pretty and cute. God loves you a lot.
Love,
Lily
Yay, for reaching this milestone!
You are such a special girl Teddi!
Such a beauTiful girl!!! Love it!
Also...we finally found the sweet "Smile" shirt! Thanks for letting me know where it was!!!
Blessings,
Jenn
Woo Hoo Teddi!!
You made this northerner,frigid, cold day, melt like butter when I saw your sweet face and heard your sweet voice!!
T stands for Teddi!!
T stands for thankful!!
That's what I am today,
Congrats Momma bird,
Love,
Bonnie
I am so thrilled to hear you say "T" Teddi!! Yippee Jesus! Actually you would have laughed to see me literally sitting on the edge of my seat, leaning in, hunched over, holding my breath, waiting and watching...that was the sweetest "T" in the whole world!! One day, Lord willing, Jubilee will be able to also!!
Absolutely - Terrific!!
That's GREAT!!! YAY for Teddi!!! I'm so proud of you!!!
Kim
Post a Comment