
For a full scoop on MBM, see this post.
You can also visit Linny, the creator of MBM
One Little Sham
Shortly after the New Year, I decided to give my bedroom a little makeover. I had some Christmas and birthday money and Targ*et was clearing out and marking down -- the combination seemed good, so I began the hunt.
I bought a beautiful comforter on clearance only to discover that it was Dry Clean only. No thank you, not when my freshly made bed seems to emit a secret call to all of the kids in my household . . . "Jump on me, roll on me, wrestle on me . . . come on . . . more . . . more. . . rustle those covers up!" Does anyone else's bed speak to their children in this manner? I digress. That comforter went back.
I found another clearance quilt/coverlet that I liked and I bought it in a queen. I would have rather had a king size, but they were already gone. I also purchased one sham. Why one? Because that is all that my neighborhood Targe*t had. I hit three more Targe*ts (one advantage of living in a big city) looking for a standard sham. Gone. Gone. Gone. So I sent Taye searching in Houston. She was successful in locating a king size quilt, so I made yet one more return, and traded queen for king. The only matching sham she could find was king size. After having her read me the dimensions I decided I would pay the higher price, and alter the king sham to standard. It was either this or no sham at all. Or so I thought . . .
This past Friday, after much begging and pleading with my husband, we stopped at a Good*will Store that we were about to pass by. (For some reason he just does not see them for the treasure trove that I do). Within minutes of entering the store my true love called to me, he was holding something in the air. A sham. One single, lonely sham. One single, lonely sham, that just so happened to match the lonely sham I had at home. But, could it be a standard sham? If your Provider is Jehovah Jireh, well yes it could be -- and it was! Not only that, but for a mere $3.99--as compared to the $7.99 I had paid for the other standard sham, or the $10.99 I'd paid for the king--which thankfully, I had not altered yet. I love that Bry found the treasure instead of me--it made it so much more fun!
Some would call this a lucky day. I feel sorry for those who think in that direction. They are missing out on a greater truth, that there is Someone much bigger than themselves who is working behind the scenes. He loves us immensely, more than we can imagine, and He cares about the smallest details of our lives. God cares so much that He knows the very number of hairs on our heads!
And just like that new sham that now encases my old pillow . . .
He's got me covered.
He's got you covered!
He's got us covered!
We will add to our Memorial Box this week, the little plastic pocket from the sham package--complete with the sweet $3.99 marked on the front (and we will return the King sized sham).
One more thing . . .
This little bluebird has nothing to do with my sham story -- but, it is a tiny addition to my new bedroom. I found it at the dollar store . . . for you guessed it, one dollar, and it makes me happy every time I look at it. Yet another precious reminder to me that the Lord is in the little things.
Father God ~ Thank you for being my Provider. Thank you for giving me the sweetest little desires of my heart when I haven't even asked You for them. What a joy to be surprised by You, I am grateful!
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina







12 comments:
Thank you for sharing this sweet story, my friend! God is amazing, isn't He? The bedroom looks lovely! I miss you. Wish we still lived in the same big city with ya!
Hug the littles for Sophia and me!
love you!
Alycia
Beautiful.
Im a complete thrift store (and Target too!) junkie.... so I loved this story!
Love your bedroom makeover! It's so springy looking and I'm glad that it's washable. Such a blessing to know that our Father cares about the little things.
I love it!!! He does have us covered and it is so incredible! Thanks for the story & reminder!
Oh don't you just love it when God is in the tinest details of our lives...Your bedroom looks beautiful and I love the bird...!
Isn't He just so very kind?!
Blessings,
Sarah
How cool! The room looks great!
Oh tina! A story after my own heart....I love thrift stores and bargains....and I LOVe, LOVE, LOVE that He brought you another sham beofre you had hacked the king up...Yippee Jesus!! So amazingly wonderful He is!! xo
PS - And I love the bird too!! So sweet, and only a dollar!! xo
Tina you amaze me with your enthusiastic ability to pen the mercies of God!
I love how you acknowledge Him in the most mundane areas of life..because He is in the details if we let Him be!
You are loved with an everlasting love my dear!
Bonnie
I just love your new bedroom! I like the head board in the corner like that.
You are so right about the little things. It was a true blessing for you to find that sham. :-)
Post a Comment