Thursday, July 15, 2010

Checking In . . .

Hello from Michigan! The past week has been an Internetless one . . . very Internetless. It has either been unavailable, hit and miss (in my case miss), or so paaaaaaainfully sloooooooow that I have given up. Today I am able to get on blogger, but I can't upload pics--of which I have many, and I can't access anyone else's blogs . . . and I am seriously missing checking in on all of you. (It's kind of like being in China . . . although I think blogging was easier in China.)

We are enjoying our time with our families. Last weekend we celebrated Bry's mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary with a sweet little party at their home! All of Bry's siblings (three sisters), our nieces and nephews, and about 40 others, gathered together to celebrate this momentous occasion and magnificent accomplishment!

We spent the first half of this week at my dad and step-mom's cottage on a quiet little lake in Indiana. All of my siblings were there along with our boatload of kids. We totalled 26. It was a precious time filled with laughter, late nights, sleepy mornings, lots of swimming, fish catching, s'more eating, more s'more eating, picture taking, reminiscing, and the making of many new memories.

Today we are back at Bry's parents, resting up and doing laundry. Tomorrow we will spend a little more time with family, Saturday we will attend Bry's 30th class reunion, and on Sunday we will head west.

I'm going to keep this short, not knowing if blogger will kindly post this for me, or not . . . in which case you will have no idea that I really did check in!

Michigan is blessing us today with a heat index close to 100 degrees, not exactly what we came here for. I guess the good side of that is Texas won't be a shock to our systems. Michigan, oh Michigan, might we have one cool sweatshirt wearing morning before we leave on Sunday? Please?

I'll be back as the Internet allows. In the meantime, please know that I am thinking of you all.

Blessings from our traveling nest ~


Tina

3 comments:

Vivian said...

Glad to hear from you my friend! We sure miss you all!
Would love to get our littles together for a play date!
Give me a call when you get home.
<3 you,
Alycia

Serving the King said...

Love summer vacation travel! But no internet?! Yikes! Isn't that like against the law?! I think I would need to be in some withdrawal treatment program by now. :) Have fun!!

Cari said...

don't be saying sweatshirt weather during the summer here!!! :) we had that ALL last summer. didn't even feel like we had summer at all last year.