I'm hoooome!"
Surprise!
"HI MOM"!
"What are you doing here?"
My Brady continued grinning (with one little brother wrapped tightly around him) and sunk into the couch--still smiling, and sighing a home-sweet-home sigh. My baby was home and I was baffled as to why, baffled and grinning, that is.
The explanation . . .
Brady's best friend Adam's birthday is tomorrow (Adam lives here in SA). A mutual friend, Michael, told Brady that he would pay for half of Brady's ticket to fly home, all so that they surprise Adam for his birthday. How is that for friendship? Pretty special I think-- and the side benefits to this mama are priceless.
The Newly's were in town (and in on the secret) so they picked Brady up at the airport. After Brady had surprised Brogan and I, we headed for the school to pick up Tedddi. We left the school with one happy little sister wrapped around her sneaky big brother. Later in the evening Dad also got his turn to be surprised. May I just say, I love surprises!
I wish I had pictures --but it was better to just soak in the moments, then to try and capture them. The picture of Brady and I above was taken at a huge church picnic/river baptism yesterday. We were on a ranch in the Texas hill country--it was a glorious day surrounded by all but one of my birds. We missed you Bryce-- this mama is looking forward to Christmas when we will all be together again!
Life is good.
Thank you for sharing my joy!
Blessings from my happy nest ~
Tina
P.S. Brady is home for eight days!







4 comments:
Now THAT'S a great day!! Yay you!! Enjoy being surrounded by your kiddos!
Those are the kind of surprises that I love!
Enjoy your boy!
Hugs,
Robin
How fun!!! So glad for you.
Blessings,
Sarah
What a great surprise!! So happy you get to see your sweet boy for a few days. :)
Post a Comment