As I pondered what to share about Brady on his birthday, February 17th came and went--but not without a sweet conversation with my boy, some reminiscing, and a little wisdom from the birthday boy himself.
"Today marks having lived for two decades. Makes me wonder how many of those I've really lived... I don't want to be the guy looking back another 20 years from now, wondering what I've done with my life. I want to thrive! Cheers to making use of the life we've been given, Cheers to God!"--Brady Winder
As I look back, Brady, I do believe that you have made good use of the life you've been given.
Two decades worth.
You jumped in with both hands --
not wasting a second,
exploring . . . and learning.
You have pondered life,
and you've set goals --
When you decided you would take a mission trip to Colorado to minister to inner city kids, and climb a mountain . . .
you did it, and you were changed.
When you decided to play guitar, we signed you up for lessons, and when lessons weren't moving quickly enough for you--you decided to quit and teach yourself.
And you did.
You've boldly played Coffee Houses . . .
and joined a band . . .
all the while writing and
playing your own stuff!
Remember when you were still at home and decided that you wanted to build a guitar? You saved your money, did lots and lots of research, made many, many online orders for parts--and you BUILT an impressive guitar--by yourself! Goal set. Goal met. You've used the talents God placed within you. That's thriving.
When you decided you were ready to spread your wings and move to Spokane, you went.
It was scary not knowing what God had in store--but you trusted, and soon soared! You found a job, and though it wasn't your dream job, you gave it your best, no less. When you were overlooked for a managerial position, your coworkers told you that you should fight for it. You presented your case. Hello promotion.
When it came to girls (and their fickleness) you told me repeatedly through your teen years, "I just want to meet my wife and get married, Mom." You knew, and God knew--and He brought Sloane to Spokane as soon as you got settled! You knew what you wanted, you prayed, and you watched that prayer come to pass.
It was scary not knowing what God had in store--but you trusted, and soon soared! You found a job, and though it wasn't your dream job, you gave it your best, no less. When you were overlooked for a managerial position, your coworkers told you that you should fight for it. You presented your case. Hello promotion.
When it came to girls (and their fickleness) you told me repeatedly through your teen years, "I just want to meet my wife and get married, Mom." You knew, and God knew--and He brought Sloane to Spokane as soon as you got settled! You knew what you wanted, you prayed, and you watched that prayer come to pass.
Sweet Sloane.
She also knew what she wanted.
She prayed--
and watched her prayer come to pass!
In a little over three months wedding bells will ring. Right now you are responsibly preparing to begin your new life! I look forward to watching you grow, together, in the plans God has for you!
Big dreams. Big goals . . .
Last year, Brady, you announced to us that you had started running and that you were going to run a 10k . . . and a half-marathon . . . . . . and a marathon. You also decided that since you were going to be running anyway that you might as well run for a cause. Your pain would become World Vision's gain, as you raised support for each mile that you trekked.
You trained . . . and you trained . . . and you trained . . . and you ran your races well-- placing in your age category, again and again. A marathon at age nineteen? Your goal was set. Perseverance became the name of the game-- and your goal was met, big time. That's living.
I love the way you tackle life head-on. Obstacles only make you more determined-- you re-think and you press forward. There is a time for seriousness, but there is plenty of time for not-so-serious. Brady's way. There is much to be said for this view of life. You, my son, are thriving.
As your mama I couldn't be more proud of where you are at age twenty. I think it's safe to say that you haven't wasted much time. Your days are full as you work hard, make wedding preparations with Sloane, play your band gigs, and make plans to move to Austin (with your wife) to go to recording school! I pray that you will continue to meet life head-on, Brady, always following God's lead!
You are making a name for yourself!
Happy 20th Birthday
to my middleman.
Cheers to you, Brayden Erick!
Cheers to God!
I love you! ~ Mom
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina



















5 comments:
Awesome.
OH my goodness, you do the most heart rending posts....what a boy you have....that was so beautiful! (and tear jerking)
Happy Birthday, Brady! Tina, I can absolutely feel the love that you have for this remarkable young man. He sounds just wonderful!
Happy BDay, Brady! You've always done life Brady's way--marching to God's drumbeat written especially for you! Cheers for a great day!
Happy Birthday Brady! What a precious birthday post for your brady boy!
Okay, Tina friend....there is NO engagement yet, but i am hoping for SOON...maybe in the next couple of months. we love her so much! anyway, i really think it will not be a long engagement, my guess is a fall wedding. she lives in SA....are you still there? My mom doesn't live in Austin she lives in Blooming Grove it's about 20 miles from Hillsboro. How much longer do you think you will be in TX? we MUST meet before you leave that's all there is to it!!!
((HUGS))
Kim
Post a Comment