Five years ago today, on June 11, 2007
I received an email from RainbowKids.com--
they were advocating for this sweet baby girl.
I made a phone call to the listing agency that afternoon,
gathering the details behind this smile.
The next morning (as soon as they opened in WA state)
I made a phone call saying, "YES!" to her adoption.
Eight years of praying and waiting on God's timing
suddenly turned into a whirlwind of paperwork!
Nearly a year later, on May 19, 2008
our prayers suddenly came to life--
in the form of a "flitting" three year old!
The first site of her tiny little self
took my breath away.
God had kept His promise.
My how our little bird's "Gotchas" have seen
her
change . . .
and grow!
We had a wonderful celebration of Teddi's 4th
Gotcha Day on May 19th--
one of her absolute favorite days
of the year!
With the wedding (and travel) pending I choose to
savor her day and save the blogging for later.
This is later.
Brogan summed up the day well
with three sweet words--
"We. got.you."
Indeed we did, Brogan--and there
is not a better big brother around!
Happy 4th Gotcha Day,
Theadora Fu Xiao!
Look how far you've flown!
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina











1 comment:
She is such a beautiful, special girl! Happy Gotcha Day, sweetheart!
Post a Comment