We left here
on Thursday afternoon . . .
headed "home" for a visit
to our beloved mitten!
I thought I'd bring you "up to speed"
as well as share a little fun from the road--
We came up beside this truck
while still in Texas.
How cool is that?
He loves us, oh yes He does!
We had a bit of a rain delay/downpour yesterday morning in Louisiana--thankfully we were right near the Atchafalaya Welcome Center, so we pulled in and waited it out. I like to look at the unplanned stop as a God arranged homeschool field trip-- just as I was feeling guilty about not having an atlas {which we'd given to Brady} to keep my littles informed on our whereabouts! Who knew when we woke up yesterday morning that we would learn all about America's Largest River Swamp--The Atchafalaya, and all of its inhabitants! God did! He even provided a short movie, fun displays, and free hot coffee for the dad! I love that.
Brogan gave big sister's belly some
baby love while we waited for the rain to let up.
Soon we were on to blue skies,
cool bridges
and a pink house
on . . .
the . . .
move!
It's not everyday that you see a pink house.
And it's certainly not everyday that you get to
drive under a pink house
while road tripping through Louisiana.
(Terry, this pinks for you!)
All of the excitement of swamp creatures and pink houses
was more than the littles could take.
A daytime nap equals road trip joy
for the mama . . .
and pretty skies
and fun sights
make my heart
happy!
A faithful driver
and contented
passengers
make for smooth travels.
We spent last night in Montgomery, Alabama and are headed for Columbia, South Carolina today. My mom will board Amtrak today in south Florida and arrive in Columbia early tomorrow morning. Once we have grandma we will be homeward bound!
During our two weeks in Michigan we will celebrate a certain someone's big 5-0 (a hint: I love him a lot, in fact so much so that I married him, a long, long time ago). We will also shower our big girlie (and her amazing little bundle) with some baby shower love. As well as celebrate my mama's birthday, a nephew's engagement, my Taylor girl's graduation . . . and whatever else we feel might need celebrating! Lest you fear we might do nothing but party, we plan to roll all of this into one big festivity!
For today we will . . .
Blessings from my travelin' nest,
Tina














5 comments:
Continuing to pray for travel mercies over you and your nest friendy! And laughing over the pink house! To the moon....
Oh, what a wonderful trip you have planned! Have fun, my friend!
Thanks for the texts! Glad all is well. Keep having fun--we had lots of rain too on that same stretch of road last week.--Melissa
Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Your sons are handsome and your daughters are beautiful and pretty. They are all special miracles precious gifts from above.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease, 14 other medical condition and developmental delays. http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com
looks like things are going well! Sorry I missed it.
Aztec said Hi and he wants to see more pics of Taylor. :)
Post a Comment