I wish I would have mentioned that at the same time that I was sharing yesterday's Memorial Box Monday story about Terry and I, our friend Linny@ A Place Called Simplicity was also sharing our story from her point of view. You can read Linny's post-- Memorial Box Monday: A Tender Story, here. As always, Linny shared beautifully!
Linny sweetly asked her followers if they would please pray for Terry, and if they would consider leaving a comment to encourage her as well. And oh did they ever! Last I checked, the comments of kind friends were nearing 100! I cannot tell you how it has touched my heart as I have read through them . . . tears . . . and more tears. So many people have shared their hearts and their own personal struggles. Such love and encouragement, and so many promises to pray for our dear friend.
I just love the way the Lord uses the things that we share to not only bless others but to speak to their hearts. As I read through the comments on Linny's blog the following comment from Julie just blessed me.
"Oh Dear Sweet, Worthy, Pink,
What a beautiful blessing you are. Your smile radiates off this page. It just blows me away to know that Jesus loved you so much, He gave you Tina just at the perfect time. I pray that you will feel the Lord holding you and hear Him singing over you as you are walking this difficult journey. Today I get the honor of driving someone to a chemo appointment. I have never met her before and I have social anxiety. I know it was God stirring my heart to give her a ride and now that I have read this post this morning I know what I am supposed to do. Love her well during the times I transport her. I will do this for you and for Tina. I will be praying for you. Oh and, my favorite colors are Pink and Orange. :)"
Thank you to all who have left comments on mine and Linny's posts. You have lifted all three of our hearts!
Tina










2 comments:
Hey Tin,
I commented on Linny's blog, but wanted to say "Hi" to you too!
Thanks so much for being you! The "Jesus filled and loving others" you!
Not sure if I ever mentioned this...but when Linny did that give away of the memorial box, I told Fritz that you were going to win. And then you won! The things He speaks to us! Still not sure why He revealed this info. to me, other than to reaffirm that He speaks and He speaks to me! Oh my!
We continue to pray for Terry both at home and at church. Please tell her we love her!
Love you bunches! Jod
Just read your MBM post- I need to go read Linny's now! I love how God has a purpose even when we don't see it.
Post a Comment