Our Teddi girl celebrated her 8th birthday on January 5th! She'd decided months in advance that she wanted a "Chinese" party, so of course I was well prepared.
But, just in case you ever find yourself unprepared for such an event I've heard that Amaz*n has very pretty, and inexpensive Chinese lanterns. And I've heard that they will get them to you really, really fast, if say you decided to try their free Amaz*n Prime trial right around Christmas time. And I've even heard that the FedEx man can probably get those lanterns to your door hours before you need to do the surprise nighttime decorating thing. Hours, people.
That's planning ahead in my book! I mean, if I hadn't already done all of that planning ahead! Pull out some pandas, and a few Chinese souvenirs (like a kite and a parasol that you'd forgotten about) and voila, you are in!
Look at my sweet baby bird. Where has the time gone?
She was so very excited about her special day-- and just as excited about the fact that on her birthday she "catches up" to Brogan. I now have two eight year olds until March 23rd!
"Auntie" Terry made another beautiful cakes for our girl.
Are these not the cutest little pandas ever?
Thank you, Auntie!
Joyful through the birthday song . . .
time to blow out candles . . .
(a skill that "cleft mamas"
don't take for granted)--
good job, Ted!
Lots of birthday blessings . . .
and friends and loved ones to celebrate with.
You've come such a long way baby girl . . .
four was sweet . . .
four was sweet . . .
and EIGHT looks great on you!
Love you, Ted! Forever.
Now onto the second and third birthdays.
I started this post earlier today, on my sister Amy's 49th birthday.
Today, on her birthday we were both 49.
As I sit here finishing this story
the clock has officially struck
midnight. . . .
and . . .
I am officially 50!
Happy Birthday to us!
I would like to thank my mama and daddy for giving me the
best birthday gift I ever received.
My sister.
Thank you mom and dad.
My heart is full.
Fifty years full.
Blessings by the thousands.
Thank you Lord, for fifty years.
Thank you for my Chinese treasure.
Long awaited.
Sweetly eight.
Thank you for my birthday sister . . .
for shared cakes . . .
and shared clothes . . .
and shared bunkbeds . . .
and secrets.
For shared happy
and shared sad . . .
for shared quiet . . .
and shared laughter, very loud.
For mommy trials
and mommy victories-- all shared.
Thank you for giving me a sister
to walk this road called life.
Thank you Lord for my true love, Bryan,
and for our nest that You filled.
For "bigs" soaring,
and for "littles" in the middle
of flying lessons.
Thank you for
the face of Moses.
Your gift of him makes this
Birdie's heart fly high!
Thank you for crazy love.
We do it well.
Oh so well.
Thank you Lord, for fifty.
I like it-- and I love You.
Thank you mom and dad.
My heart is full.
Fifty years full.
Blessings by the thousands.
Thank you Lord, for fifty years.
Thank you for my Chinese treasure.
Long awaited.
Sweetly eight.
Thank you for my birthday sister . . .
for shared cakes . . .
and shared clothes . . .
and shared bunkbeds . . .
and secrets.
For shared happy
and shared sad . . .
for shared quiet . . .
and shared laughter, very loud.
For mommy trials
and mommy victories-- all shared.
Thank you for giving me a sister
to walk this road called life.
Thank you Lord for my true love, Bryan,
and for our nest that You filled.
For "bigs" soaring,
and for "littles" in the middle
of flying lessons.
Thank you for
the face of Moses.
Your gift of him makes this
Birdie's heart fly high!
Thank you for crazy love.
We do it well.
Oh so well.
Thank you Lord, for fifty.
I like it-- and I love You.
Blessings from my birthday nest ~
Tina











4 comments:
Happy Happy Happy 50, sweet friend! It looks great on you! Have a super wonderful day! Love,M
Happy Birthday, Tina! You are such a blessing! And Happy Birthday to sweet Teddi and your precious sister! What a joyful post!!!
Happy Birthday to you & Teddy. Love her cake, cupcakes and birthday sign. The panda8 is too cute! Beautiful family photo also! Great post. Many blessings to be thankful for!:)
Joy
Happy, Happy Birthday Tina! Have a great 50 year! Beautiful family!
Love, Karen H.
Tried to send an e-mail yesterday it rejected...
Post a Comment