My last post (nearly a month ago) was titled, "Change. Here It Comes." Much has transpired since then. Bry's retirement ceremony was beautiful (and the post sits in my draft folder waiting to be finished). We were blessed to have all of our birds in the nest for three glorious days, and we were surrounded by much love from family and friends. As soon as the festivities were over with, Bry made a trip to Michigan to deliver his truck and our camper, to our new home. He spent a few days working on the house there--with amazing help from our families, and then he flew back on Valentine's Day. That weekend we made a trip to Austin to celebrate our Brady boy's 21st birthday (another post waiting to happen), we had a wonderful time celebrating with Brady and Sloane! The rest of the days since then have been spent preparing for the move, cleaning out . . . sorting . . . organizing, to get everything ready for the packers.
And now change is here--in full force. Tears come easy, but that's okay. Last night we spent our final night in our great-big-blessing-of-the-house-on-the-hill, we are now in temporary quarters until Saturday morning. I have been soaking in the view of the flightline and planes-- and beyond that, the view of the San Antonio skyline. I will miss crawling into my bed at night, after gazing out our bedroom window at the city lights. As much as I look forward to our new view of woods and wildlife, I know I will miss this time. Life is bitter sweet right now. Big change.
Never. Until yesterday, when a pair showed up (during a major windstorm) and decided to take a peek in my front door. I haven't shared this yet, but when we went with the realtor to look at our Michigan house, I stepped out the sliding glass door (of the walk-out basement)-- and looked up as something caught my eye. A nest--built under the protection of the deck that comes out from the top story. And I knew. I knew that even though this was the only house we had looked at, this was the one.
So yesterday, as my tummy cringed at change, the Lord took the time to send a pair of swallows to my door--He is never too busy to show us that He knows our hearts. It was just seconds, really--but He made sure we saw those little birds. Two tiny pair of wings, two long and delicate tails--come to announce, "He knows. He knows that your heart is aching at the thought of leaving your babies, your friends, your church family, your military way of life. He knows that it's hard. That it's bittersweet. He knows, and He cares."
(I managed to catch one of our winged messengers,
when it came back for a second look!)
Thus begins a new journey, to a new nest, a different nest. A nest that will be away from our babies, but near to our families. Near to those who have waited so long for us to come home, and are waiting to welcome us with open arms. And like the swallows, who perhaps were on a new journey of their own, He will care for us. He will see us gently to our new nest. He will be there as we make it "home"--as we make it ours. He will be there when it doesn't feel like "home" yet, to remind me that it will. He will be there when my heart aches. He will be there when spring comes in full force, and all is new . . . and I am fully trusting Him to bless our nest.
Please pray for those we leave behind . . .
for our Newlys, Brady and Sloanie in Austin. They amaze me everyday as they excel in their new jobs, and blossom and grow as husband and wife.
For Taye and Frankie and Mo, who have pretty much been a part of our daily lives for the past two years. Okay, Mosie for only three months, but in "Birdie years" that's a very, very long time. Pray for them as their apartment lease nears its end and they look for a little bigger nest. God has a plan.
And please pray for my sweet friendy, Terry, who I have stood beside since the Lord brought us together almost two years ago. She continues her battle against the cancer that we so despise, and the battle has grown long. She is weary. Pray that the Lord would be her absolute strength, and that as the dimensions of our relationship change, the bond of our friendship will hold firm-- and will see her through this fight.
Pray for us this week as we finish the pack-out process. Everything is now contained, and the guys will load the truck tomorrow. I am thankful for for the two female movie company employees who just spent two days packing up our entire household-- including the garage. They rocked the boxes! Go girls! I am also thankful for my friend, Melissa, who showed up in the midst of the mess, bearing chocolate--that's a sweet friend. And for our neighbor Ann, who unannounced, came to our door with dinner on the first day of packing-- a huge pan of rigatoni, garlic bread, a salad, and the most delicious homemade pineapple cake, ever. And for Taylor and Frankie who hosted the littles and our four-legger last night. And for my sister-in-loves, Dawn and Jan, who have worked tirelessly finishing a couple of big projects for us at the new house. As well as all of the work my daddy did along side Bry. Kind hearts of service blessing us big.
In the meantime my own "little family" is all packed up--and I am carrying each one in my heart. They will be the first thing to get unpacked. First.
And when the going gets tough,
and things begin to feel a little too serious . . .
I will do my best to remember two things--
"change comes bearing gifts" . . .
. . . . and Mosie and his mama already
have an airplane ticket to visit in May.
We can do this!
have an airplane ticket to visit in May.
We can do this!
Blessings from my nest on the move ~
Tina









4 comments:
Oh Tina, I am crying because of the Lord's tenderness towards you...two swallows! How beautiful!
You are certainly in my prayers today and this week.
Love you, dear friend.
Sarah
I have no words....and you know that is rare. I love you my Friendy, and I have been so blessed having you in my life! TO THE MOON, FRIENDY....TO THE MOON.
Beautiful, dear sister~! What beautiful little birds to bless you with, brings me to tears!! Can't wait to see you again, whether you are visiting SC or we are in Mi. It is only a matter of time, Brogan and Teddi STILL are talked about in random moments of "where did THAT thought come from?" Hugs to you, dear Birdie!!
Prayers for you and your families during your move and adjustments. Safe travels!
Love, Karen H.
Post a Comment