We made a quick stop to celebrate . . .
and then continued on our way.
With seven miles to go and eyes peeled . . .
one moment everything was brown
and the next moment everything was white!
We turned the corner onto our new road and were greeted
by this precious roadblock at the end of our driveway.
Two dads, a brother, a sister, a sister-in-love, nieces and nephews--big and little . . .
"THANKS Uncle Bryan for
30 Faithful Years!"
In the middle of a Monday afternoon
as the rest of the world went about their business,
on a little road,
on the outskirts of a little town,
a big cheer went up . . .
and we were home.
My daddy had my childhood rocker waiting in the living room,
and our families had worked tirelessly getting things ready for us.
As the day went on more loved ones rolled in to welcome us home. My dad and step-mom live just three miles from our new home so our temporary lodging comes with free hot meals and childcare. Serious perks! Our household goods were delivered bright and early Tuesday morning. My sister stood side-by-side with me last night and unwrapped nine boxes of kitchenware. A sweet first. We are adjusting. The littles have done well, and are loving being surrounded by cousins! Our four-legger, Aztec (a little Tex-Mex mix) got sick during the trip and we spent this morning meeting a new veterinarian. Aztec is eleven, so I was quite worried about him, but after much bloodwork, three different injections, some Pepcid AC and some pricey food (to aid in his recovery) it looks like he should be okay. I am tired, but thankful to have the long road trip behind us. There is a Texas size hole in my heart, and thoughts of my Mosie bring an easy tear . . . but my Lord is faithful, and I know He goes before me on this journey. I will continue to remind myself that change always comes bearing gifts--knowing that if my head is up, I will not miss them!
Thank you to each one of you who has covered our family in prayer over these last couple of weeks. Thank you for your love and encouragement along the way--it has made such a difference. Our nest is still in boxes, but it will soon feel like "home"--and of course it is already blessed.
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina







8 comments:
Oh Tina,
I'm so glad that you're home...and a little bit teary for you, as well.
Love to you, friend.
Sarah
Glad you made it safely! The kids will love seeing the pictures. They are already talking about visiting you. Love you friend--continuing to pray for your settling in the new nest. Love, M
So glad you made it safely. Your photos make me homesick. :) Your nest will feel like home in no time. So sweet how your family welcomed you home.
What an awesome family! Still praying as you adjust.:). It will be May before you know it! Hang in there!
Joy
Home is the bestest ever!
... you are such an encouragement. Over the years, I have found such encouragement through your words. I am going after the joy of mom in my life. And I could use your gift. To share your wisdom, encouragement, and joy of mom.
So, I am trying something new. Posting on my lil' blog about mom. Momma notes. Would you consider joining me and sharing a post from your blog. It doesn't have to be a new post. There are so many on your blog I could choose. Simple mom words.
Monday I will have a linky thingie. My hope is that we can be encouraged and encourage other moms.
If I did it right, you can find it here ...
http://www.justsarahdawn.blogspot.com
Be blessed bunches,
Sarah
Miss your blog post. Hope all is well with you and your family,
Glad you are here Tina, my blogging friend!!!
Post a Comment