Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More Michigan Family Fun . . .

Flit and Grinner had a great time enjoying the water! In her brave Zhuhai girl style, Flit didn't miss a beat when it was time to try anything new. I love her "bring it on" attitude!

Kickin' it up!


A rare moment of "still" .


Enjoying the lake at Aunt Jan's (Bry's baby sister), with cousins Dominic and Chloe.
The ice cream man happened by with perfect timing, gotta love it . . .
especially when a sweet aunt says, "Get whatever you want"!
Thank you Aunt Dee for treating us!

Brady had a blast tubing with Dominic and Chloe the "old pros"!

Brogan and Teddi sharing their rock collection with big sister.

More pics from my sister's . . . the "big cousins" hanging out.


"The Fiance's", as they were dubbed . . .

celebrated with a giant cookie. Thanks Aunt Ame!

(An interesting "Frankie fact"-- he likes ducks!)

Now at my Dad's house, Flit and Grinner

cooperate for a quick shot with G'ma & Papa


Grandpa Grinner loves on his lil' Grinner!

Pretty cousin Chloe was a sweet helper for our Teddi girl.
Thank you Chloe!


Grinner in need of some Zzzzzzzzzzz's . . . Flit had the benefit of a nap and was still going strong! We had just finished ice cream cones with my mom, and returned to Bry's parents, where Flit decided it was time to dig into some potato chips with Grandma. I believe Flit would dub her first vacation as the "Great Eat-a-thon '08"! Grandparents, ice cream and bottomless bags of chips, right Papa? What's not to love?

Another Grandpa Grinner . . . and Flit flitting out of the picture.
My sweet mama gets some Teddi loves.

Flit enlists Papa to hold up the end of her "fruit by the foot"! The eat-a-thon continues!

Big cousins, Trey and Jordan, generously share Papa's pool table in a game with little cousins.

Brogie and Landon-- sweetness.

Being a military family we have always lived far away from our extended families. It absolutely blesses my heart, that despite the distance (sometimes of continents) our children know their grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. They delight in times spent together, and the bond they share is unbreakable. Miles cannot steal away our love for one another. Do I wish we lived closer? Certainly, and some day we hope to, but I am grateful that over the span of the nearly 25 years that we have lived "away" our family ties have remained strong. I am also grateful that our precious Teddi, is now surrounded by more family love than her little heart can comprehend . . . some day she'll understand.

Thank you Father in heaven that our family tree bears the fruit of love, and that biology has nothing to do with the strength of its bond.

My nest is heaven blessed . . .

Blessings~

Tina


5 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Tina what fun fun fun!
I know what you mean about living away from family, yet when you get together it's like you've never been apart! We are like that too.
I love the duckie bride and groom, too funny!
And the triple tubing picture is so cute!
I know you're family just ATE UP your little Teddi!

Tammy Pearson said...

Tina, looks like you had such a great time...love looking at all your pictures...my son and his wife are military and I have only gotten to see him 3 times in the last 4 years...they don't have chilren yet...it won't happen while he is deployed...but I dread the day when I can't be near my grandkids...it is hard and like you said...when we do get together, it is like we have never lost touch...pick right up where we left off...my son is coming home from Iraq next month after serving over there for a very long time...and then I will have all my chicks back home for awhile too...can't wait.

Tammy

Patientlywaiting said...

From a fellow military spouse, I understand about not having family close. My parents and Aunt and
Uncle are coming this weekend for a week. Yea, we will get to have precious Grandma and Grandpa time!

See you around the block!

Robin

Kim said...

Your nest is blessed! I am so glad you were able to have this special time with your family. Those are treasured moments and wonderful memories were made!

Love you,
Kim

Margaret M said...

I got the biggest smile just seeing Teddi's smile (and I really needed that)! What a fun post!