"Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Mathew 6:26
I have had a tendency to worry the past week or so . . . ever since my "vacationing mind" had to come back to reality. I am not worried about food (unless maybe the excess I consumed while at home, and the extra poundage it left me with.) More so my worries have to do with homeschooling a teenager . . . planning a wedding (which in itself means letting go of another one of my birds) . . . .Teddi's surgery coming at the end of the month, along with smoothing the path for speech therapy for her with the school system, tricky . . . and my oldest bird, Bryce, in Spokane, who was under the weather this past week. Did I mention Bryan was gone for four days which meant little man, Brogie (who is a daddy's boy), was extra needy? To top it all off, I am 95% sure that I am suffering from adult ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) . . . SERIOUSLY. That is a post in and of itself, but explains why "normal life" seems hard, and stressful life is seeming to push me to the brink. I am trying to get brave enough to schedule a doctor's appointment this week . . . There now, haven't I just gone and laid it all out?
This was going to be a simple little post about sparrows--the birds that I love. I guess God had more in mind . . .
Three times today He has put this sparrow passage in my path. See how He takes care of the details? He knows that if I have ADD, I definitely need to see things more than once . . . three times, I say. THREE! It's not funny, but it is . . .
God is watching me. HE knows when I am worried, HE knows when I am having a hard time, HE knows when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm pushed to my limit. It is then, that He steps in and gives me a verse to remind me not to worry, but to trust HIM for all that I need.
I took the picture above while we were in China. (It's a Chinese sparrow--bet you couldn't tell.) The picture is to remind me of God's marvelous watchcare over my baby bird during the long months we waited to bring her home. God watches over me in this very same way. He watches over my friend Bonnie, a cancer survivor, in the very same way. He watches over my dear friends who wait faithfully to bring their daughters home, even as He watches over their sweet girls as they wait . . . Vivi Jo, Candace Le and Grace in China, and precious Katie in Mongolia. He watches over those who mourn. . . who are weak . . . who are sick . . . who are lonely. . . who are afraid. He watches over those who are fighting battles we don't even know about. He watches, and He cares. . .
"His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."
Blessings from my believing nest ~
Tina







8 comments:
My dear friend,
Think of all the life changes that you've experienced over the past summer--travel around the world, a new child, Bryce's graduation and venturing into adulthood, the wedding announcement, a new car, travel to see family. All of these things are good, even great, but even great things cause stress. If you took one of those life stress evaluations, your number would be off the scale! You are a dear, dear friend to me--cut yourself some slack. Give yourself permission to be adequate at alot more things instead of super at everything. Please, go to the dr. if you think that will help. I'm so sorry I can't be there in person--we'd go out for chocolate!
Thanks for mentioning our dear daughter. We wait and we wait and it's so hard to be patient. I keep thinking some day soon.....
Melissa
Praying for God's peace and rest for you. His eye is on the sparrow.
Your friends, Kristy and Steven
Tina, my sweet friend,
I think your friend Melissa said it best!
I will be praying for you, as soon as I finish this comment I am going to pray specifically for you and the concerns you mentioned.
Thank you for mentioning Vivi Jo...we have been so blessed that our LOA came in quickly but you know as a mom even fast is not fast enough when the child you love with all of your heart is not in your arms. Praying we can get an affordable hotel, flight, and CA in October in the midst of the Canton Trade Fair.
I love you and feel so blessed to be your friend!
Kim
Ahhhh, ((Tina))!! We DO have a lot in common :o)! I'm going to google adult ADD right now...it's likely I suffer from it, too. Thanks for your candid, faith-filled post. I'm praying for you as you enter a very busy season.
Love, Tracy
I am amazed by how God chooses to speak to us..He uses little, tiny creatures to remind us of GREAT BIG truths..
Remember Tina His faithfulness.
You have waited on Him for your youngest birdie. He came through.
Remember Tina His faithfulness.
You are married to an incredible man who could have died that day he jumped out of a perfectly good airplane..He protected him and ultimately, you.
Remember Tina His faithfulness.
As you go through the day, He has promised not only His presence but His provision--materially, mentally and spiritually. His warehouse is HUGE and NEVER RUNS EMPTY..
I repeated something 3 times for you my crazy friend!! I agree with the first post, go the the Dr. and eat some chocolate!!
A = amazing
D= delightful
D= daughter of the Most High
You are loved,
Keep believing,
Bonnie
Tina,
When we came back from China it was August, and everything was starting back up for my older kiddos. It was a busy, hard, stressful time. If I could change one thing about that time, it would be the expectations I had on myself. I am hoping this time around to remember to, as Melissa said, cut myself some slack. I think I would have been a much less crabbier momma. You are doing a WONDERFUL job with all your little birdies. And yes, Jesus is holding us through the busy times and has us under His watch care. Praise Him! You are so sweet to mention our Candie Le. We trust not a little piece of paper to come from China, but we trust the One who has His eyes on the sparrow. I love that song by the way.
Thanks for sharing your heart with us. I struggle with letting the cares of this world choke my joy, and it just boils down to making a deliberate choice to live each day in His joy no matter the circumstances. (Easier said than done, by the way!) I heard a pastor say this week "Happiness comes from what happens, joy comes no matter what happens..." I love that.
And I love you. I am praying for you right now...
Our God is so tender and kind. He truly is watching over you and, clearly, He wants you to know it! Keep seeking Him and keep believing in His goodness. He most certainly cares for you.
Blessings,
Sarah
I wish I had more to offer you after your post but the one thing I can pick out is to suggest things may just turn out better than you expect for your homeschooler. I'm not sure whether the concern you feel is for the teaching or the learning... but my husband did not complete highschool nor did I (not many people know this.) I have a college degree and now newly hanging in our home is my husband's MASTERS degree WITH HONORS!
Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Post a Comment