For me, it is a "This is my girl" love. I know Teddi now. I know her giggle, and the sound of her voice. I know the difference between her scared cry, her sad cry and yes, her mad cry! I know her sleeping sounds and her happy sounds. I know when she's worn out, and I know that it takes a lot to wear her out! I know that my fingers can make a circle around her very tiny waist, and I know the feel of her soft hair, and how her delicate hand fits inside of mine. I know her insecurities, yet I see them disappearing, ever so slightly, a little each day. I know that she loves chocolate, and shoes, and playing outside. I know that she adores her Grinner brother, and thinks her big siblings are pretty great too, and she loves her Baba and her Mama!
As the months have passed, Teddi's love for us has grown, too . . . I like to think that it is now a secure feeling love. An "I trust you love". I know it is a love that runs across the yard smiling, and shouting, "Mama, mama, mama" when I return from a trip to the store. I know it is a love that holds on tight in the night when she wakes up afraid. I know it is a love, that grins proudly up at me, and asks, "Mine?" when I give her something new. Yes, baby girl, it's all yours. Just like our love for you. Forever.
We are so very happy to know you Teddi Winder, five sweet months worth!
Love, Mama & Baba, Bryce, Taylor, Brady & Brogan
Blessing from my nest~
Tina
Thinking of my waiting friends . . . and praying for the day that your wait is over and you hold your precious ones close.
We hold on to hope found in photos,
We long to touch her sweet face.
We eat and sleep and breathe worlds apart,
Yet there is a bond . . . a bond created by God.
She is ours and we are hers,
And in time the wait will be over. . .
We will eat and sleep and breathe together,
We will love and laugh and grow together.
And the bond that held us over the seas,
Will grow daily . . .When the “wait” is over.
M ~ Praying for the photo of your ladybug. He is Able.







8 comments:
It is hard to believe that she has already been home 5 months. Sometimes it seems as if we just met Graeme and other times it seems that he has always been with us. Blessings to you and yours...thanks again for all your prayers and supportive comments!!! They meant so much!!!
So sweet. Did you write that precious little poem? LOVE it!
Blessings,
Jenn
Tina,
You have blessed my heart today. What a sweet post and what a sweet girl you have! Love the poem at the end. Can I use it in Claire's scrapbook?
Hugs,
Robin
Tina,
What a beautiful picture of you and Teddi! And what a beautiful post.
Love to you!
Sarah
I love the picture of Teddi and her sweet mama! I love that poem, it is one of my very favorites. I put it in my adoption website. I love the poem but I love the lady that wrote it even more!
Hugs,
Kim
Wow it's hard to believe we've been home 5 months already. I just didn't believe the BTDT families that talked about how the wait and the agony just melted away but for us it truly has...the bond just grows and grows and gets better and better.
Happy 5 months to you all!
z
Happy five-month anniversary!
What a lovely post. You beautifully described how the love deepens and becomes more knowing as we spend time with our children. Thank you for sharing.
My dear friend,
What a beautiful picture of you and your little girl! Thank you for your mention and encouragement that He is Able. We are still waiting. Keep praying!
Melissa
Post a Comment