Monday, October 20, 2008

Three Week Check-Up, Poem & Prayers

A quick update. Teddi went for her three week post-op check up this morning, and in the surgeon's words Teddi's palate repair looks, "GREAT"! She gave Teddi the go ahead to enlarge her food choices. . . we still need to keep it a bit soft, nothing hard or crunchy, no tough meat, but we don't need to puree any more food! We celebrated with Cinnabon and our sweet girl was delighted, and sticky! Baba even ordered extra icing. Thank you Baba. And thank you Lord for your continued healing of our girl.

A couple of you asked me about the poem I posted yesterday. I wrote it last spring in an attempt to sooth my weary, waiting heart as we pushed towards the 100 day mark on our wait for our LOA from China . You can see the origional post here, titled Theadora Waits. (The poem is also in my sidebar). To those of you who asked about using it for your own daughters, I would be honored!

Lastly, some of you know blogger Laine Ferrill of "Ferrill Bunch" fame. Laine and her husband Rob have six children, the two youngest being Kimmie and Quan from China (adopted from the same orphanage together last summer) . Rob and Laine, together with Kimmie and Quan are currently in China to receive their seventh child (actually they have probably received her within the last hour or two). Eight year old Le Xiao Hao will soon become Candace LeXiaoHao. Will you please pray for Candace Le, her foster family and her new family? She has been with the same foster family since she was a tiny babe, and has now left this family who has spent eight years raising her and loving on her. Please pray for the Lord to heal the hurting hearts of her foster family as they have said good bye, and please pray for Candace's heart as she transitions into her wonderful new family. Pray for Laine and Rob and their family as they welcome Candace with open arms and show her the love of Jesus. And pray for their other four sweeties here in the states (with extended family), as they await the return of their Mama and Daddy, brother and sisters. Laine's blog is private, but I will keep you posted (those of you who aren't already following long, anyway)!

Update Tuesday: Laine and Rob have posted from China. Candace Le greeted her new family with a huge smile on her face! She was also very happy to "meet" her brothers and sisters in the states by web cam. She had a time of tears and grieving yesterday, but for the most part (by Rob and Laine's report) has been very brave. Answered prayers. T~


Thanks for your prayers.


Blessings from my nest ~


Oh goodness, I almost forgot. How could I forget? Teddi SLEPT last night! She fussed a couple of times, but went back to sleep on her own. This is the first time since surgery that I have not had to go to her! Yay Teddi. Thank you Lord, for a return to sleep.


Blessings from my well rested nest!


Tina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that everyone slept! Yea!!! And what a wonderful update from Candace's family--waiting 8 years to have a family--a marvelous, scary, exciting time for them all!
Have a cinnabon for me, Teddi! Yum yum!
Melissa

Sarah said...

Hooray! Good sleep and cinnabon. How can you beat that?!

Sorry I missed you today. I'll try again tomorrow.

Blessings,
Sarah

Tammy said...

I'm sooo happy to hear Teddi's great report and that you were able to get some rest!

Margaret M said...

So glad Teddi slept....I have prayed for that every evening when I put Graeme to bed!!!! So happy for your friends!