![[orphanstickethome.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWGQjBEGZXuKUMdMaHrJEf3bgAS4JSQn561pZrxMUSyQrd8KDBT6u21KkF8mS1ecnJEVwVKCdetV_LS16GdeqI4b6rYM3dn1zuTxJLBmScMVDIUZU-wtmgQjM7c3zMyNPmH5tgLJFqmQCt/s1600/orphanstickethome.jpg)
Tonight Bryan and I, and our friends (and neighbors) Gary and Robin (who are Claire's mama and baba) are attending the Orphan's Ticket Home Gala and I am soooo excited! You can read all about it on my new blogger friend Jenn's blog. . . she did a great post all about the gala this morning.
Remember little Susannah who was in dire need of a miracle when her parents arrived in China to get her? Well in following a link on Susannah's blog, I found Jenn . . . who just happens to live here in my same city. Jenn had the Orphan's Ticket Home Banner on her blog and the rest is history. Jenn and I started communicating, and tonight I will get to meet her in person for the first time! And I am so excited!
As a little side story, as if this post isn't side-trackish enough . . . For those of you who may not know, Susannah got her miracle! Her heart is beating beautifuly now and she has made a remarkable recovery surrounded by the love of her mama and baba and her big brothers. It was all because of Susannah, that I met Jenn, and because of Jenn, and some other adoptive parents that I am hoping to meet tonight, that we are going to a Gala . . . to raise money for orphans.
Which brings us full circle . . . it is because of Teddi, and Claire, and Susannah, and Jenn's own Karleigh Mei (who waits in China) . . . and so many others like them. They are the reason we will gather tonight. So that more orphans will have a ticket home.
For now, I am off to get ready for the gala. . . which also counts as a real date with my husband . . . the first one in a long, long time!
Blessings from my excited nest ~
Tina
Thank you to my precious Taylor bird, who will be taking Flit and Grinner on a date tonight as well! Have fun birds!







6 comments:
How wonderful! A great cause...and a date to boot! I hope you enjoy your evening. I can't wait to hear about it.
Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Blessings,
Sarah
How fun! Let us know how it is.
Hi Tina,
I hope you had a good time at the gala! I go to church with Bonnie at My Very Present Help, and thought I would visit your blog. I liked your blog a lot, it is so encouraging. I have a blog for young women perhaps you want to visit, if you have time -- www.quillandinkwell.wordpress.com
God Bless!
Phylicia
Hi Tina,
I hope you and your husband had a wonderful time and for such a great cause! I enjoyed your post with the pictures of Teddi for each month. I can't wait until the day when I see my daughter for the first time (even though I saw her asleep in 2006, I really didn't "see" her. Take care and God bless. Doris
Looks like loads of fun for a wonderful cause! You have a beautiful family and story to tell! Take care from SC!
Post a Comment