at Preschool?
Yep, it's Flit and Grinner's big day!
Teddi has already been attending speech therapy at our elementary school and is doing well. I was told that she would probably qualify for Preschool Programs for Children with Disabilities, or PPCD, as it is known here in Texas. The good news is once the testing was done the only thing that qualified her was her communication delay. On her non-verbal IQ testing she scored on a level equal to other four year olds. Good job Flit! Anyway, her communication delay due to her cleft (and changing languages) qualified her for PPCD. What this means is that part of the morning she will be immersed in the four year old Pre-K classroom (with big brother) and the other part she will receive one on one help from a PPCD teacher, and also from her regular speech teacher, whom she adores.
Brogan could have started last fall in the Pre-K program, but Teddi hadn't been home for very long and I wanted us all to have more time together. I think that was to everyone's benefit. Brogie is excited about going now, especially knowing tht Teddi wil be there (or at least in and out). Teddi will be surrounded by her peers and good teachers, in a language rich environment. And I will catch up on the many things that have gone undone since Flit's arrival . . . oh yes, and help plan Taylor and Frankie's wedding, for May 23! So this new school routine, Monday through Friday mornings (8-11) should be good for all of us.
When I dropped them off they were both excited and smiling. This is huge for Brogie, who at age three was not happy at all to be dropped off at preschool. Teddi embraced her first day as she has nearly everything else in her new life. . . with a flit and a wave (and one extra hug) she was off!
Oh my, this nest is quiet. I'm not sure if I like it . . . yet.
Blessings ~
Tina







10 comments:
They are both so cute! I just bought that same dress for Sunny. :-) I hope they both love their first day of school, and you are not too sad. Enjoy a long afternoon nap!
Jen
Too cute! They both look like they are ready to tackle school. I wish Claire was in their class! I left a screaming Claire this morning at her speech class. This is her 3rd week and she has done fantastic until today. It took everything in me to leave with her screaming. Her teacher said it lasted 2 minutes and then she was fine the rest of the morning.
Guess what, yesterday we were outside and a plane flew over. Claire searched the clouds looking for the source of the noise. I excitedly asked her if she heard the airplane and she signed airplane. I think she actually heard it!
Hugs,
Robin
Yay, Brogan and Teddi! And way to go, Tina! You have two ADORABLE preschoolers who look and sound to be ready and rarin' to go! Great job, Mama Bird!
How cute for them to go to school together!! That is great that they were so happy and no tears! Enjoy the quiet for me!!!
Great news for those two cuties! Sounds like Teddi is doing so well...we are so thrilled to follow her progress. Van loves his speech therapist too..how fun! What a wonderful program they have there! Enjoy the quiet moments when you can.
That looks like my cars backpack!
The two of them are so cute together.
Go to TARGET :-)
Love you,
Kim
Oh mamma...your nest is changing isn't it? I don't really envy you, but I am needing to disinfect my nest! So many sickies, with such fierceness! I love having them here but after a few days, the germs get to me!
Enjoy the quiet my dear. Soak it up for me too...
Love,
Bonnie
Wow! What a big change - and how great for them to have each other and be excited about school! :o)! Praying you get caught up and enjoy the wedding preparations.
Ready for school together, backpacks, big smiles and are they are holding hands?!!! Awwwwww. Cute, cute, cute!!
Nancy
Post a Comment