A true love story . . .
Teddi and Brogan's world grew bigger this week with the event of preschool. On more than one occasion I heard an innocent question from an inquisitive new classmate, "What is wrong with her nose?" or "What is wrong with her mouth?" To which I gave a quick and kid friendly explanation of cleft lip and palate. Yesterday morning Brogan and Teddi were side by side at my bathroom vanity while I did their hair for school. Brogie pointed to Teddi's mouth and asked me what was wrong with her lip . . . as if in eight months he had never before noticed. I asked if he remembered seeing Teddi's baby pictures that were taken before her cleft lip was repaired, and he said yes. I then reminded him of how the doctor had to fix Teddi's cleft, and that this was now her special lip. His reply? "I wish I had a special lip." Oh what a match made in Heaven my Flit and Grinner are. Thank you Lord for this double blessing! (Please allow me to share one more little love story . . . We have been reading about the days of creation with our little ones and how God added to all that He had made, one day at a time, and each time it was "good". So I ponder this thought . . . in June of 2003, God created Brogan (in my 40 year old womb). Nine months later, I birthed a healthy 9 lb. 8 oz. baby boy. Teddi was born exactly nine months and 13 days after Brogan. I can't help but think that God looked upon my newly born Brogan and then created Teddi in her mother's womb . . . and to that I say, "It is good." They truly are a match made in Heaven, created in His image.)
It's been a big week here . . .
Opening Valentines at school . . . an exciting new experience.
My babes had a great first week . . . no tears, new friends, and lots of fun! On Wednesday they traveled by bus (5 minutes each way) to the Post Office. Mama went along for the big ride. The children all stood in line and purchased a stamp, and then mailed the Valentines that they had made (for us) the day before. It was a hoot to see Teddi standing on her tippy toes, handing over her 42 cents to make the big purchase. Brogan clung tightly to my hand during the trip. Teddi, on the other hand, was being cared for by a little blond haired girl who decided Teddi needed some mothering. This included holding Teddi's hand in the line, helping Teddi up the bus steps, and then letting me know that she had gotten Teddi's seat belt "buckled up". It did my heart good to see Teddi being accepted and made over in such a sweet way!
Today (Friday) was their Valentines party --very exciting!
Here they are post-party, with their U.S. Mail bags full of cards and sugary treats to take home . . . to top of the sugary treats already consumed during the card opening festivities. Nap anyone? No thank you. And waste this grand sugar buzz?
Flit, headed for the van. I love my girl's confidence!
A quick snuggle with big sister before she left for Houston to
see her sweetie for Valentine's Day. Hi Frankie. As of today,
we are in the official "100 Day Countdown" to wedding bells!
My littles. True love.
Oh how my nest is blessed on this Valentine's Day . . .
To my own true love, Bryan ~ I love you whole BIG bunches!
To my three bigs, Bryce, Taye and Brady (and Frankie too) ~I am so proud of you guys and the way you live your lives. I am so very blessed to be your mom.
To my littles ~ Brogie, your love for your new sister makes my heart sing!
And to my Teddi girl~ I am grateful this day that you are no longer oceans away, but a dream come true, answer to prayer, smilin' your special smile-- IN my arms!
Blowing kisses to Spokane, for Bryce.
Happy "heart filled" blessings from my nest ~
Tina







13 comments:
Beautiful post as usual!
I know what you mean about having a match made in heaven...it amazes me!
That picture of Teddi walking to the car is too cute....that picture speaks volumes...what a moment to catch!
Your writing blows me away, you are very gifted!
Happy Heart Day my friend.
Love and miss you,
Kim
PS. I am really sorry I haven't posted about my sweet award that you gave me but I am so so behind on post it's crazy. I do appreciate it so much!
Yeah for preschool and Mrs. Swint's Valentine parties! I remember seeing those big mailbags awaiting their letters and sugary deposits. Your littles are adorable! I can't wait to have 2 littles of my own. Doodle is still unsure about being "promoted" to middle sometimes so I think we'll just stick with 1 big and 2 littles for a while! Miss you dear friend! Hey, do you know where I can get some of those fantastic hairbows? (: The boys are saying K needs some like T's
Love you!
M
I love the photos. The first one of your little ones so cute!
Once again you're ahead of me on all things cleft. Thanks for preparing me for what Madi will soon be going through. I love how you said it is Teddi's "special lip". :)
Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day my friend!
Thank you for sharing from your heart and your blessed nest! I love reading your blog. Blessings to you and your precious nest!
Love,
Alycia
p.s. I have been updating my blog too.
I love all the lovin' oozin' from your blog! What precious Valentines! Hope your day is full of hugs and kisses!
Tina, this is such a beautiful post!
God is so good...your two littlest birds are a match made in Heaven, to be sure! And you are such a great mama bird. I'm so happy to have "met" you and yours!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Tina, this is so sweet. That Brogan has a heart made of gold!
I remember the first time that a child asked Adam if Jadon was really his brother. Adam had had a Chinese sibling for about 2 years by that time, and had never even thought about that being in the least bit unusual. He was confused why this other child would question if Jadon was his brother.
Sweet, sweet innocent and accepting children. You gotta love 'em!!
Blessings,
Sarah
It sounds like your family had a great Valentine's Day! A wedding around the corner too! How exciting! The "special lip" story was great. Take care and God bless. Doris
Once again, Tina, another beautifully written post with adorable pictures! When I grow up I want to be a blogger like you! :)
Hugs,
Robin
A match made in Heaven indeed! Your Brogan and Teddi were obviously meant to live their lives together and learn from each other. Those love stories are absolutely beautiful; your heart must be bursting with love and joy.
Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family.
What sweet kids!! My "twins" are just a couple of years behind yours!! I hope that Landon is just as sweet of a big brother as Brogan is!!
You did the "cutest blog on the block" thing. Good for you!
Love,
M
What a precious story...thanks for sharing it! Your family is fabulous--you have much to be proud of mama bird!
Post a Comment