Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday . . . late.

I spent much time on Thursday thinking about many "thankful" things,  I just didn't have time to post.  So I started this post on Friday, and now it is late Saturday . . . so here you have my Thankful Thursday -- Weekend Edition

I am thankful first of all for our new World Vision sponsor child.  Wait, I need to back up.  I am thankful first of all for Linn and for her new babies Elizabeth and Elijah, and for the way that their story brought Uganda to the "front and center" of my heart.  As I watched Linn's story unfold in Uganda (along with many of you) my heart ached for Uganda with that uneasy helplessness of . . . what can I do?  Linn's journey took place back in mid December.  During this time I had been spending time on the World Vision site picking out "gifts" for our loved ones. Of course I couldn't help but take a peek at the children needing sponsors.  Long story longer . . . after inputting some information on the WV site I located a little girl in Uganda, born the same year as Brogan, and sharing our sweet Teddi's birthday.  To make it even sweeter, her name was Winnie. For those of you who may not know, our last name is Winder -- that did it!  I was in love with Winnie!  So I showed Winnie's sweet face to Bryan and began to pray that God would show me if we were to be her sponsors.

Fast forward a few weeks . . . The kids and I picked out a library book called, "I Am A Kenyan Child", a great book by the way.  Midway through the book the author introduces a precious girl, named . . . you guessed it, Winnie!   About a week later I was sitting up late reading more of Linn's blog and she had linked back to Jubilee's story (Jubilee is their daughter waiting in China).  Well, guess what Jubliee's "given" name was on her agency's list?  Yep, Winnie! Thank you Lord, that's two!  The very next day we received mail from World Vision. Not only did the back  of the envelope picture a little girl who looked to be about the same age as Winnie, but the accompanying verse said it all . . .  

See for yourself  . . .


That made three!  Thank you Lord for speaking to my heart.  Our sponsorship is official.  So, on this Thankful Thursday--Weekend Edition I am thankful for Winnie, a precious five year old girl in Uganda who now holds a piece of my heart.  Click here if you'd like to find someone (or another someone) to hold a little piece of your heart.  There are so many.

Now more thankfulness .  . .

I am thankful that a little year old girl named Fu Chang, who in December was a thirteen year old running out of time in a Chinese* orphanage, is now at home with her FOREVER family in Texas!  God moved mountains to bring Fu Chang a family in just two weeks time (a miracle for anyone who knows anything about international adoption) and on January 20th, 2009 beautiful Sarah Chang turned 14 in China, no longer an orphan but a daughter, and a big sister! Welcome home, Sarah Chang.  I am so thankful!

I am also thankful to know that my dear friend Melissa will soon be on her way to Mongolia for her very own little ladybug named Katie -- who happens to be the cutest little five year old in the land!  As I have shared before, Melissa was my neighbor here in Texas.  When Melissa and I met in July of 2007 she and her precious family were already waiting to be matched with a little girl in Mongolia.  We had just started our paperchase for Teddi; and Robin, my neighbor two doors down (the opposite direction) was also waiting to be matched with their treasure from China--now known as Claire (who ended up coming home just two months behind Teddi). Melissa's family relocated overseas while we were in China getting Teddi, but Melissa waited faithfully with Robin and I all the way to the end . . . and now we REJOICE knowing that after a painstakingly long wait, it is finally Melissa's turn to go get her girl!  We miss you M!

I am also thankful to know that three of Teddi's Zhuhai "sisters" and one "brother" are all getting very close to meeting their families.  Ren will meet his family first on February 23rd--you can follow his story here!  I am also thankful to have learned just this week that another Zhuhai family was pre-approved to return to China for their second Zhuhai daughter! Both of these girls are older child adoptions (nine-ish or so).  What this means is that Alison, who came home from Zhuhai just a bit ahead of Teddi,  will now return to China to bring home her orphanage "sister" who will then become her sister forever!  Oh, how I love that! 

There is so much more I am thankful for, but I will share just one more for now.  A week ago Friday we were blessed to be invited by Robin (and family) to their church to see the African Children's Choir.   Oh my!  To say that I was blessed does not even come close!  If you ever have the opportunity to see these precious children of God -- GO!  (And if you've seen them already you know what I'm talking about!) I will give these little wonders a post of their own soon!  We were allowed to take pictures, and thanks to Robin's family we had great seats in a crowd of 600! For a hint of what it was like think pure JOY, in motion!

That's it for my Thankful Thursday-- Weekend Edition, thanks for staying it to the end! 

You bless my nest!

Blessings ~

Tina



4 comments:

Monica said...

Congratulations on becoming Winnie's sponsor! What a great story.

In two weeks from today, we will receive our Ren. Another Zhuhai child with a forever family. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words for him. And thank you for all the support you have given during our wait!

Monica

Sarah said...

I am always so encouraged by your thankgivings! I am encouraged that you are thankful for all of the things that God is doing in His precious little one's lives. You truly have a heart for the orphan and the needy.

So happy to hear about Winnie!

Blessings,
Sarah

The Ferrill's said...

Oh, I love God stories like this! When He confirms without a shadow of a doubt you are walking in His will! I love your thankful posts...and keep us posted on little Winnie.
Blessings!

Amy said...

Oh, Tina, what a great post! So many wonderful things...precious children and their families...to be thankful for! Thank you for sharing. :)