This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24
It is Friday morning in Mongolia as I type this, and Katie has a family! She is an orphan no more! The Mongolian officials finalized the paperwork Thursday afternoon, and in a few short hours Katie's new mama, daddy and big bothers will attend a going away party at Katie's orphanage, given on her behalf. When they walk out the orphanage doors, they will have their long awaited daughter with them, and it will be forever. Welcome Home Katie! Please continue to pray for the Lord to work out all of the birth certificate/visa/passport/ details . . . there are many (and it is complicated as Melissa and her family are stationed overseas) but nothing is too complicated for our really BIG God! Thank you Father God for moving mountains on Katie's behalf. Thank you for her family. Please comfort her heart Lord as she leaves all she knows behind, and begins a new day. Thank you bloggy friends for praying. Update: Word from Melissa this morning says Katie is really struggling. She's very, very sad and wants to go home (back to the orphange). Lots of tears. Please lift her up to the One who can comfort her. I can't even begin to imagine her heartache at being taken away from all she knows. Please also continue to pray for Rebecca and David and their four babes waiting in Brazil . . . no new word yet.
In other news . . .
Brogan played his first soccer game last Saturday morning in the Under 5 league. They play six players to a team, with just three players from each team on the field at a time. This makes for a lot of playing time, and plenty of room for instruction. The main focus of the first game was to kick the ball. Hopefully towards the opposing team's goal. Hopefully. No score is kept, but that certainly doesn't dampen the excitement. Brogie took the field grinning, in true Grinner style! He loved it. What happened to my baby? He'll be five in a week and a half!
Kick it Grinner!
Go, baby, go!
Doing a "throw in" from the sideline,
while daddy coaches from behind.
(Thank you daddy for volunteering to be the assistant coach.)
Post game cheer. GO HORNETS!
The head coach (in gray) is absolutely wonderful . . . not that the assistant coach (daddy) isn't. I was just so impressed, and thankful. He gathered the kids around him after the game, and on one knee, one child at a time, looked them in the eye, called them by name and said, "Do you know what I love about how you played?" And then proceeded to tell each of them what they did well! What a blessing to see character building come first. Soccer second. Thank you coach.
One more update from the homefront . . .
There is a new musician in the house. She strums. And she flits.
Happiness is a pink guitar, so you can jam with your brothers.
She played for an hour straight the first time, without putting it down.
(I am using the word played very loosely.)
We love you, our strumming little hummingbird!
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina







7 comments:
Thank you for your good wishes and "top billing" on today's post! (:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures of your littlest birds. Go, Brogie! And, that pink guitar...Is she going to be a country music star?
Thanks for your continued prayers. In less than an hour, we are headed to the orphanage! Yeah!
Love,
Melissa
Tina,
I am rejoicing with you that Katie is with her family forever! I just wish we could be there to welcome them home. :(
Love the soccer pictures. It certainly is a blessing to have a coach that focuses on character building. We certainly had our share that did more tearing down than building up even at that young age.
Ok, I think we can have a band going for our little treasures. Teddi on the guitar and Claire singing. How about the BFFB - Best Friends Forever Band! :)
Hugs,
Robin
Praise the Lord! I'm so happy to hear that everything worked out for Katie's new family!!!! I will continue to pray for a smooth transition for them, and for the other family as well.
Love the soccer and guitar pictures! SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!
So happy to hear that things have worked out in Mongolia! I've been praying for both families and waiting for the Lord to work in Brazil.
That Brogan is the cutest little guy! So glad he is on a great team.
You have to tell us where you got that pink guitar...I have some girls who would LOVE it!!
Thanks! Jill
Tina, I'm so thrilled to read that Katie is with her forever family at last! I can't imagine, though, how scary it must be for a little person to leave all that she's known. Our family will continue to pray for Katie's peace and comfort as she and her family transition into their new lives together.
Still praying that God is busy moving mountains in both MI and Brazil...
Your soccer pictures are so great. From the *grin* on Grinner's face, it looks as if he was having a blast! He's blessed to have such terrific coaches!
And OMGoodness, Teddi's not just got a pink guitar, she's got a blinged-out pink guitar! What more could a girl ask for?! Precious.
Oh, I am so happy to hear that everything is proceeding so well for Katie and her new family. Praying that she will have peace and joy in her little heart soon.
Love the pictures of Brogan and Teddi. That pink guitar is too cute!
Blessings,
Sarah
I have to know where you got that adorable guitar!! I'm thinking Sunny may be able to manage guitar (her brachial plexus injury makes it hard for her to do things with her right hand, but we have seen pics of her gripping things, so maybe she could strum with that hand...). We're a music loving family and would be happy to get her interested...but my piano is probably not in the cards for her.
Of course have to say that your kiddos are just TOO adorable!!! Looks like both are having tons of fun at their pursuits.
Jen
Post a Comment