Monday, April 6, 2009

Helloooooooooo . . . Flit Calling

Dear bloggy friends and faithful readers,

Mama says to tell you she is waaaay behind on her blogging and that she is going to try to post again soon.  For now I will tell you that we had a really fun time with Bryce.  He got to "sleepover" on Friday and we got to hang out with him on Saturday.  He got to see Brogie play soccer on Saturday morning, and that made Brogie smile really big! We got to go bowling and out for pizza, too.  That made me smile really big.

There is lots and lots of talk about The Wedding .  . . all I know is that I am going to be the flower girl, and I get to wear a very pretty dress.  There are lots and lots of stacks of white en-buh-lopes sitting around and people talking about addresses.  I think it has something to do with in-buh-tay-shuns.  Mommy is making lots of phone calls and saying stuff like, "We're almost down to six weeks" and she looks a little frazzled (if I do say so myself).

So should we talk about me?  Let's see . . . I know . . . I'm getting taller!  Mommy says I'm three inches taller than when I was in China.  And guess what?  You know how I weighed 27.5 pounds for a very long time?  Well I did.  For like seven months I weighed 27.5.  Brogie was getting bigger, but I was always, always 27.5.  Well, you know how I turned four in January?  Well in January I got a new number, it was 28.5.  Mommy was so happy!  Then in February I got a bigger number, and then yesterday I got an even bigger number, 31.5!  Mommy says that is four pounds in three months, I'm not sure what that means, but mommy is very proud of me.  She also says I am waaaaay heavier to carry around--but she still carries me, oh yes she does!  Lets see . . . what else?  I love school, and speech and mommy says that I am doing good!  I love to draw with markers, and mama thinks I use a lot of paper, but she says that's okay.  I love to sing, and mama like my Hallelujah song the best. I made it up myself, it sounds something like this, "Ha-yuuu-ya, Ha-yuuuuuuuuu-ya".  Do you like it?

Well Brogie is waiting to play with me, so I better go.  I'm glad mama finally gave me a turn to "talk" to you all.  She says she luvs you, and she'll be back soon.

Love,

Teddi ~ a.k.a. "Flit"

Oops, mama said not to foget to say . . .

Blessings from our nest!   xo

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Too cute! Teddi, Grace loves to use LOTS of paper, too. We actually have a bit of a family joke about paper here--everyone else has a limit, but the newest adoptee gets to use as much of it as she wants (I think that Yana used to use even more than Grace does).

6 weeks! Wow! Praying for all of you.

So glad that you had a good time with Bryce.

Love you friend~
Sarah

Mom to 5 bugs said...

I'm glad SOMEONE is blogging, Flit. We were starting to worry about your nest! Thanks for updating us. Check out our blog for Katie's latest adventures! Someday we hope you girls can meet. Let us know how long before you move... maybe we can visit!

Vivian said...

Teddi (and Mama bird),
Thank you for updating us on what is happening at the Nest.
We had such a great time seeing you at church on Sunday.
We'll see you on Easter!
Have a happy week!
Miss Alycia
(Sophie's mom)
P.s. tell Brogie hi for us!

Patientlywaiting said...

Teddi,

Thank you so much for the update. I hope all the en-buh-lopes get their addresses! Wow, only 6 weeks and then you get to wear your pretty flower girl dress!

Great job on gaining 4 pounds and growing 3 inches. I've always thought this Texas sun is good for growing. At least, my kiddos have all grown like crazy here!

Well, you and Claire both use a lot of paper. We used to have a ton of paper for the kids to do homework well now we have to search to the bottom of the drawer and hope we have some in there. Claire has to do her "homework" too you know!

Thanks for the update, Teddi!

Hugs,
Robin

Amy said...

Very cute!! I'm glad Teddi is putting on the weight. I know what that is like with my boys!! Presley, however, is only 23 months and weighs 29 pounds!! There is a good chance we will be moving to Texas!! I am hoping for SA, but most of the finance jobs are in Dallas. But I would love to come meet you sometime when I am in town!!

Kim said...

Well, Teddi girl..tell your mama for me that I LOVE her too!

I am so glad to know that you are doing well and growing.

You be sure and keep that mama of yours in line, I'm sure that is a pretty TOUGH job!

Hugs to you little (but now bigger) Flit,
Mrs. Kimi :-)

The Shifflett Family said...

Hi Tina!

Just catching up on things. I am glad to hear that Teddi is gaining weight. She will make a beautiful flower girl. A wedding, how exciting! I know you all were blessed by the surprise visit! Take care and God bless. Doris

Ohilda said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post!!!!