Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sweetness in Brazil!!!!

Great news for all of you who have prayed for Dave and Rebekah and their four waiting babies in Brazil . . .

I just found out tonight (Wednesday) that Dave and Rebekah are in Brazil and they have the children!  He is faithful!!  You can see their beautiful new children here (and their five precious children at home if you check out their profile pic).  What a beautiful family of 11 they are going to make!

I'm sure Dave and Rebekah would be encouraged if you jumped on over and let them know that you've been praying for them.  They can use our continued prayers as they will have to be in Brazil for 30 days in order to complete the Brazilian adoption requirements.  Go take a look at their beautiful new babes, and thank you all for praying!

On the homefront . . . we are continuing to soak up every minute with our visiting family that we can.  Taye and Frankie left for their mini-honeymoon today after staying around to visit with everyone who traveled in from afar.  My bird has flown--that was tough.  Bryce flew back to Spokane today as well, I miss him already.  Bry's mom and dad, three sisters, and our four nieces and nephews left on various flights yesterday.  My mama, and my dad and step-mom all leave today (Thurs). That will leave my sister's family of five who will be here until sometime Friday.  Not everyone stayed here with us, but near enough to spend lots of time together! Precious time!

Please keep my little bird in your prayers.  They will cast her arm early Thursday morning (it's the wee hours of Thursday as I type).  She no longer needs any pain meds, and she isn't letting her broken wing slow her down one bit.  She is scheduled for surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids on Monday, June 1st.  She has no idea this is coming and is NOT going to be happy about missing her final week of school.  We needed to get this surgery done ASAP though in order for her to have eight weeks to heal before her P-flap surgery . . . in hopes that she will be ready to start school the third week of August.  Whew!  We certainly weren't planning the little elbow surgery thrown into the mix, but we are taking it one day at a time.

Thank you all for your prayers.  To my blogger friends, I can't wait to catch up with all of you. To my sister-in-love Jodi, in Michigan, I'm thinking of you.  I love you and miss you!  Love also to my dear Rosemary in Florida.

Blessings from my very busy, post-wedding nest ~

Tina



3 comments:

Tammy said...

Your nest must be bursting at the seams right now. ;) I'm glad you're enjoying your family.

It sounds like Teddi is going to have a lot to go through this summer. I'll keep her in my prayers!

Amy said...

What HAPPY news, Tina! I can't wait to go check in on Dave and Rebekah...God is SO GOOD!

So wonderful you've had this precious time to spend with extended family and that sweet Teddi is feeling so much better.

I'm so sorry that she (and you) will have to go through this additional surgery. Poor baby girl. We'll be praying in CT and then in TX for a full and speedy recovery!

Love,
Ame

Sarah said...

What wonderful news regarding your friends in Brazil. The kids are adorable!

So glad that you're having a good time with your family.

We're praying for Teddi.
Sarah