Monday, June 1, 2009

Wedding Pictures (and Little Bird's Surgery~ Updated)

Update:  We are home from Teddi's surgery, minus tonsils and adenoids.  The surgery went smoothly, but coming out from under anesthesia was another story . . . let's just say we survived!   We arrived home about 3:30 p.m. and she just polished off two bowls of her favorite soft noodles!  I'm ready for a nap . . . Thank you Lord for keeping Your hand upon my girl.


Hello dear ones!  Oh how I miss blogging.  I have so much to catch up on!  Tonight I thought I would begin to share a few pictures from the big event, and also ask you to pray for my little bird who is now sporting a very bright pink cast on her broken wing.

The cast went on last Thursday morning and will remain in place for three more weeks.  At that time if all has healed well, the two pins will be removed from her elbow, and Flit will be back in the flying business!  Hmmm, maybe I should rethink that statement.  It kind of gives the impression that Flit isn't flitting.  She is.  And brightly, I might add.  Tomorrow we will return to the same hospital for yet another surgery.  When we return home it should be minus Flit's tonsils and adenoids.  If she does well we hope to be back home by late afternoon.  Please pray that she will eat (broth or Popsicle maybe?)  and drink for us, so that we don't have to spend the night.  Thanks for praying!  On to the fun stuff . . .

My beautiful girls!  
Flit's splint wrapped nicely in tulle
to accessorize her flower girl dress.
(Thank you Aunt Ame for the idea.)

Getting Taylor dressed . . .
when she mentions,
 "I should probably take my jeans off, huh?"
She's turning Texas on me!

Bridesmaids in blue . . .

Along with a picture from rehearsal so 
that you can see their beautiful faces.
That's my darling niece Taryn (14) in black.
My birdie bride-to-be.  Taye's childhood friend Emily, 
who flew in from Michigan!  And Frankie's sister Kathy--she
 and Taye were friends well before Taye and Frankie ever were.
Love you girls!  Wasn't it fun?

Pearls . . .

veil and headpiece . . .

my bird is ready to fly.  No worries!

Okay, this one makes me cry . . .

My baby girl is now a wife!

The introduction by our sweet pastor . . .
"I present to you . . .
 Mr. and Mrs. Francisco Rodriguez"!

My birds . . . now six!

Happy husband and wife!
They were married at the historic chapel here on our base--
about two blocks from our home.  What a precious day it was!
What a May it has been.

Thank you Father God for all that May has brought us!  The celebration of 25 years of marriage . . . a 23rd birthday for Bryce and a 21st birthday for Taylor . . . along with an Associates Degree for Taye and a marriage license too!  A one year Gotcha anniversary with our Theadora Fu Xiao.  A wedding celebration to beat all celebrations and the absolute joy of sharing it with so many people who love us.  The sweet connection we now share with Frankie's great big, extended Texas family.  And best of all a son-in-love named Francisco.  Yes indeed, May has been sweet. Thank you Lord for Your loving strength that saw me through.  

Thank you Lord for blessing my May nest!

Love from my nest ~

Tina

8 comments:

Vivian said...

Hello my sweet friend!

You have a very busy nest! :)
We will be praying for Teddi's surgery tomorrow. Keep us posted when you get the chance.
Thank you again for allowing us to share that wonder-filled day with you. Taylor looked so beautiful!

love you,
Alycia

Jenn said...

Sooo beautiful!!! And yes, that's the same dress KM is going to wear as flower girl for my Katie's wedding in 26 short days!!!! Got any advice?? :)

One of these days we really do need to get together!

Blessings,
Jenn

Jennifer O'Cain said...

Tina,

Wow what a wonderful month!

Congratulations on all you have to celebrate and prayers for Teddi's surgery and dealing with a cast.

Blessings, Jennifer

Ohilda said...

Absolutely beautiful! And the cast wrapped in tulle...magnificent!

Glad your sweetie's surgery went well. Now it's time to rest up, Mama.

Sarah said...

Oh, Tina! Every time I read your blog over the past few weeks, I feel tired (and Happy!).

The wedding pictures are beautiful. Taylor is beautiful and everyone else looks wonderful and happy.

I'm praying for Teddi. Lily keeps asking about her. So many things all at once for your precious little girl!!

Blessings to you, my friend. From here on out, things slow down a bit, don't they?

Sarah

Kim said...

Tina,

The pictures are gorgous....you have a beautiful family and a handsome new son in law.

You have had a busy and rough May...May is over and June will be FABULOUS :-)!

I tried to leave you a comment earlier this morning and everytime I clicked on the comment button my computer froze. I just wanted to let you know I was praying for lil Flit. Glad you are home and that is behind you!

June is your month :-),

Love you,
Kim

Lisa Randolph said...

Wow! I am exhausted just reading about your busy family. Glad to know Teddy is doing good. She's a trooper. Call me if you need to run away to Walmart late one nite!
Lisa

Taylor and Frankie Rodriguez said...

Thanks for the commentary! Love the pics! It was truly a Wonderful Day!!
Love you and miss you, Mom!