Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday . . .

Wordless Wednesday style . . .


well, sort of wordless . . .

Thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement to me, and for your prayers for our littlest bird.  Her elbow is healed!  The two pins were removed this morning (externally) and she was ever so brave.  We can swim in five more days once the "pin wounds" have had time to heal. The doctor said we need to keep Teddi's physical activity very low key for the next four weeks. Mmmhmmmmm.  Sure.  I reminded him that her nickname is Flit, and asked him (very respectfully of course) if he had ever tried to stop a hummingbird.  I think the "laying low" is going to be tougher than the cast was.  Speaking of laying low, I'm going to continue to lay low for a while, as I lean the other way.

Blessings from our thankfully cast free nest ~

Tina

8 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Your sweet little Teddi looks so adorable!! So very thankful that her elbow is healed. Yippee Jesus!! Good to see you back again - even if it was just for a minute! xo

Margaret M said...

She looks wonderful...cast free! Have a nice, relaxing break!

Jenn said...

Yay!!! Swimming for your Flit in 5 days! :)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness Tina!! I too have been taking a blogging/Facebook/internet break and I never even read about Teddi's arm!! I too broke my elbow when I was younger on our trampoline and had to have 2 pins put in. And she did it right before the wedding!! I'm so glad she is all healed and better! I hope things have settled down for you there and you can catch your breath!!

Paulette said...

glad to see a cast come off we have 2 more weeks to go. No surgery for us just healing time can't wait to go swimming too.

Sarah said...

Tina,

When Adam was 7 he broke his arm. They took the cast off a week early and said to make sure that he didn't run around too much or fall on it. hmmm...a 7 year old boy...not run around?! Well, we made it, but I was wishing that they had kept the cast on a little longer!!

Praying that Teddi is continuing to heal, and that you are having a peaceful, restful, joyful June!

Blessings,
Sarah

nletson said...

I am so glad Teddi has her cast off. Is it just the picture, or was that cast HUGE on her?
We still have all of Anna's casts from her surgeries and it so funny to look at them now and see how small they were.
Happy summer!!
Good luck with "low key"... Maybe some homemade play dough?

Nancy

Kim said...

I MISS YOU!!! We need to chat on the phone one day soon so I can catch up with what has been going on in your world.

Love you,
Kim