This Thankful Thursday I am thankful for the "everyday" things in my life . . . many that I sometimes take for granted. Smiles from the ones I love . . . and from people just passing by. Rain. A cool home to shelter us from the Texas heat. My husband's job, and the health insurance it provides. A dependable vehicle to drive. Teddi's (very loud) voice, because it means she's home from China, forever. New neighbors to get to know. A refrigerator with food. Running water--oh how I take that for granted. The pile of little shoes inside my front door . . . so many children around the world have none. I could go on, and on, and on, but I will finish with this thought today--I am thankful for my blog, for because of it, I have "met" many precious people . . . and they bless my heart!
Thank you Lord for the many things I take for granted everyday. Please make me more aware of the things I have, than of the things I don't. I am truly blessed!
What are you thankful for?
Blessings from my thankful nest ~
Tina







4 comments:
This is beautiful, Tina. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for all of those wonderful, everyday things of life!!! I do not want to take them for granted.
Blessings to you, friend.
Sarah
Oh Tina,
I am so glad I came to visit your blog tonight. Thank you for that beautiful reminder of all the wonderful blessings I so quickly forget to be thankful for. I too like Sarah don't want to take them for granted!
I know you don't want me or anyone to say this but I'm speaking from my heart.....I am so thankful for you and your blog. When I visit your blog I leave with a smile on my face, challenged, encouraged, stronger in my faith and a whole lot more thankful.
I love you,
Kim
My faith filled friend,
Oh my....this past week has been wrought with much pain..I finally got to the root of it all with the Spirit's prompting--ungratefulness.
I get SO caught up in comparing what others have and how much I think I would like that or one of THOSE!
That thinking strangles gratefulness..
Thank you for the gentle reminder to look with faith filled eyes at all that is around me. With God's help, I am back to counting my blessings and naming them, one by one..
He is faithful,
Bonnie
What a beautiful blog, and what a beautiful heart you have! Being thankful is one of the best ways to worship God. I'm so grateful for my family...and their shoes. And the next time I trip over one, I'll offer up a prayer of thanks.
You are invited to join me:
www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com
It's good for a laugh...
Post a Comment