Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day Of School

We have two+ weeks of school under our belts, and I just remembered that I never posted these pictures from the first day . . .

Brogie with that nervous "off to Kindergarten" smile. Poor baby had a yucky cold, and was totally Benadryl-ed. Despite his drowsiness, he had a great first day. He made a new buddy known as "the boy in the orange shirt". We have since learned that the "the boy" is more commonly known as Adrian. He and Brogan are becoming fast friends. Brogan's teacher is great, and is also an adoptive mom of an eight year old Chinese daughter. So far lunch is "the favorite part", although art class in the "Art Studio" was a pretty exciting new experience. I think we are off to a great start.


Teddi got to bring a stuffed friend (meet "Tiny Panda") on the first day of her return to Pre-K. Teddi was immersed as a young four last year due to her speech delay. This year she is of "legal" Pre-K age, and she is ever so happy to be back. She was a bit upset when she found out that Brogie wouldn't be in the same class this year, but her sadness didn't last long. She is very excited to go to school every morning. She and Brogan both start at 7:50, Teddi finishes at 11:00, and Brogie finishes at 3:15 ( a long day for a five year old). Teddi and I are enjoying our time alone together--the first we've had since she came home from China. Two afternoons a week she attends speech across town-- in combination with the three sessions a week she gets while at school. She's coming along, and others are beginning to understand her--this is good!

School days . . .

A squeeze from Daddy, and one last "cheese" for mama,
and they were off . . . leaving mama wondering
where in the world time goes when it flies?

Sweet babies.

How thankful I am.

Blessings from our "learning something new everyday" nest ~

Tina

6 comments:

Sarah said...

It sounds like your two littles are having a great time at school! Their pictures are precious.

Lily has a panda bear named "Tiny". It is her favorite stuffed friend. When we moved she wanted to make sure it would come with us. It is definitely her little security blanket.

Blessings to you, friend.
Sarah

Taylor and Frankie Rodriguez said...

Oh, too cute!! I'm so glad they are liking school, and making new friends!! :D

Kim said...

Teddi's dress is SWEEEEET! I love it...you must share with you TX friend where ya got it...since we have nearly everything else the same :-)...am I surprised you have the same tie....NO MAM!

I am fighting off jealously about the consignment shop....if I only could make a trip down south! Wouldn't we have a ball hanging out together!

((HUGS)),
Kim

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Brogie has the cutest little face even if he's "on meds" in the photo! First day photos are fun to see them grow year to year. Did you compare them to the first day photos of your bigs?
Love,
M

Patientlywaiting said...

Claire was so excited to see her best friends. I'm glad they are having a good time at school. Claire so wants to go to school. We are working on finding something for her. She sits on my lap while we do Hunter's school so maybe something will sink in!

Hugs,
Robin

Margaret M said...

I loved seeing Teddi in her dress that matches my Lily Wen's. Wishing we lived closer so we could get a picture of them together in those adorable dresses! hugs!!!