Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy 18th Birthday Brady!

How can it be? My "original" baby turned 18 today. The last of my "bigs" is now an adult. My Brady . . . my third born . . . my outside-the-box thinker . . . my crazy guy . . . is an adult.

Really?



It is true.



When did this fuzzy headed, big handed,

8 lb. 10 oz. bundle of sweetness grow up?



I was having a hard time believing it,

so I took a little walk down Brady Ave . . .

and I saw . . .


the cutest lil' Florida cowboy ever . . .



and my Okinawa lovin' guy . . .



a growing boy, and his crazy dog . . .



a Daddy mimic . . .


one tough cross country runner,
who gave it all he had at every meet . . .



braces and sand . . .
and the nearly ever-present laughter of my loud boy.



A cute high school freshman, and . . .



let's see . . .

this would be Brady . . . well uh, being Brady . . .



and Brady, being Brady . . .



and yet more Brady, being Brady!



I also saw a thoughtful, reflective, deep thinking young man.



A 16 year old enjoying his favorite birthday treat,

Baskin R*bbin's famed February special, Love Potion #31 . . .



a seventeen year old, enjoying his favorite birthday treat,

Baskin R*bbin's famed February special, Love Potion #31 . . .

and my almost 18 year old
(we celebrated early, on Saturday, so that the Newlys could be here) . . .

enjoying, you guessed it . . .

Baskin R*bbin's famed February special, Love Potion #31!


Brady, you light up our world.

Like a votive candle?

Not so much.

Like fireworks?

Oh yeah!


We love the way you make us laugh.

(I do believe these two speak the same language--
it was taught to them by their eldest brother.)



Brady, our nest is better because you are in it.

You make us think harder.

You make us listen more closely.

You help us to see life from a different angle,

and it is good.



The world awaits you Brayden Erick ~

make your mark!


Blessings from my proud mama nest ~

Tina


To my Brady, who has always marched to his very own beat ~

I love you B, keep marching!

9 comments:

Vivian said...

Happy Birthday Brady!
We pray that God will richly bless you in the coming years. You are a terrific guy and we are blessed to know you!
Miss you!
The Apostolides family

Kim said...

Happy Birthday dear Brady...Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

It happens all to fast...where does the time go!

A beautiful birthday tribute to your precious boy!

Kim

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Happy Birthday, Brady! How can you already be 18?!?! What a young man you've become. You are a blessing to your family! Keep laughing!
Team R....

Beccy said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Brady!!!!! Congratulations. Love from NE!!!

Patientlywaiting said...

Happy Birthday, Brady! Hope your birthday is the best! I think I need to try Love Potion #31, it looks good! Happy birthday again!

Hugs,
Robin

Amy said...

What a beautiful tribute to your one of a kind, awesome boy, Tina. :) (((HUG)))

Happy Birthday, Brady!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Brady!

And Tina, I LOVE your new family picture!

Blessings,
Sarah

Bonnie said...

Tina you are one incredible momma!!
I loved seeing the moments of your son- birth to 18..
Doesn't it happen quickly?
I mean, can't you still feel him as a babe, snuggling close?
I love the pic of him on the mountain top!!

Woo Hoo Brady!
I think you are one blessed young man to have your Momma! (and family...:) )
Congrats on being 18!!

Congrats on one more headed out of the nest momma bird...

He is faithful,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with your wonderful tributes to your children. How can they feel anything less than blessed. What a great family photo - it's really good!
And how are you, my professional blogger friend? Flit looks great! What a trooper.
Sue Huber