
It's time to share another story, and place another
treasure in our Memorial Box. For my full scoop
on what a Memorial Box is see this post, which
will also link you to my friend Linny's blog
-- where Memorial Box Monday got it's start!
Memorial Box Monday ~ The Lemonade Stand
We began Teddi's adoption in June of 2007, just one day after seeing her face in an email I had received from rainbowkids.com. We were in love! A couple of weeks into the paperchase Taylor decided that she and Brogie were going to do something that would help get us one step closer to China, and their waiting sister . . . they were going to have a lemonade stand.
I was a bit skeptical. The base house we were living in at the time, was off the beaten path. I wasn't sure how much "lemonade traffic" we would get. Still, we made a trip to the store for lemonade mix, some lemons, and some clear plastic cups. We came home and I mixed up two gallons of lemonade, while Taye carefully cut the lemons into wedges-- wanting each cup to have its own pretty garnish. We also made a nice big sign that read, "Help us bring our sister home from China!" (of course we graced it with a picture of Teddi's cuteness). My entrepreneur and her helper were ready to set up shop . . .
Still, I was concerned that getting customers was going to be a problem. My very optimistic nineteen year old told me not to worry-- she had a plan. She was going to load up a small table, two chairs, the lemonade, lemons, cups, ice, and sign, and her three year old brother, and find a spot to set up business. I wasn't even sure we were even allowed to do this on our military base, but I wasn't going to be the one to stop her. So they left, and I prayed (with my doubting little heart), "Lord, would you please make this successful, and bless Taylor's efforts."
Taye drove about three blocks from the house, to a grassy corner near one of the main intersections on base, and they set up shop. It was June in south Texas, it was noon, and it was HOT. It wasn't long before my cell phone rang, Taye's excited voice was on the other end, "Mom, people are stopping, they are giving us donations, one man just gave us a twenty!
The Lord was indeed blessing my babies efforts! About an hour later, I grabbed my camera, and a chair, and I headed for the corner where the kids had set up shop. I was going to go get myself some ice cold lemonade . . . and some pictures of my babies doing business. I got to the corner and parked, and Taye was just finishing loading up her truck. The lemonade was gone (as was my photo-op). They had just sold their last cup.
The salesman on a later date.
One daughter with serious faith.
One sweet, yet sweaty, three year old brother "helper".
A flock of thirsty (and generous) customers.
Two gallons of lemonade . . .
SOLD!
To the tune of . . . . . . .
$97.25 in one very blessed hour and fifteen minutes!
Sometimes God's generosity just blows me away!
I ran across the lemonade sign in the closet a few weeks after Teddi came home from China. I thought it would be fun to see our girl in person, holding the sign, that one year prior had held all of our hopes.
Father, thank you that when my children came with childlike faith you blessed them so very generously. Thank you for the hearts of thirsty strangers, who blessed us, and played a precious part in bringing our Teddi girl home. Thank you for lemons, especially for the one (pretend of course) that will go into our Memorial Box, to remind us of Your unfailing goodness towards us!
He is good. Always!
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina







7 comments:
Awesome! That is a great story!
Thank you SO much for sharing, and blessing me from your blessed nest!
Love you friend!
Alycia
Did you know that yesterday was National Lemonade Stand day!? :)
Love the story!
Ok...that brought me to tears! I just love that the Lord blessed their efforts! And oh my goodness, the pictures of Teddi and her sign! What a picture of God's redemption right there!
Hugs,
Shannon
Yes, how appropriate for National Lemonade Day! That was so much fun and God really did bless us through it! Thanks for sharing, Mom. :)
TR
(My word verification almost says "lemon"! LOL! It says "leran", but in its scripty text it looks pretty close to lemon! :D )
How *sweet* is that!
What a great story! Love all the pictures and the pictures of your family..Precious!
great post! :))
Post a Comment