I couldn't let the day go by without sharing a few of my thankful thoughts . . .
My original baby will fly the nest in less than a week, my Brady boy. He was my "lastborn" for 12 years, until Brogie's arrival made him a big brother . . . and now he is ready to spread his wings. He will head for Spokane next Wednesday morning, to live with big brother.
This is hard . . .

but, today I am thankful for the old spark plugs that were taking up space on my kitchen counter this morning. I am thankful for the fact that they were there because Brady did his own tune-up on his Volvo station wagon, all by himself . . . and it runs--well. I am thankful for the music that is too loud, blaring from his bedroom. I am thankful for his very talented guitar playing and for the way he just plops down beside me and plays--wherever, whenever. I am thankful for his perseverance, and the fact that he now has a homeschool high school DIPLOMA in his possession--it was a long road, but the success is sweet. I am thankful for eighteen years of pouring into a boy, and the joy of seeing a very responsible young man take shape. I am thankful that he loves Jesus. I am thankful for his unconventional ways of thinking, of living, of doing.



I am thankful that two nights ago, I watched as he prepared a gourmet meal for four of his closest guy friends. Steak shish kabobs (marinated in his own recipe), grilled asparagus (also marinated in another of his own recipes) and homemade sweet potato fries. Is that not impressive? And it was self taught. I don't make my own marinade and I don't grill, honestly I'm not sure if I have ever made shish kabobs. He did his own grocery shopping too. I thinking he's ready to fly . . .
I am thankful that this was the scene on my front porch yesterday. . .
We have baby birds, again, and yesterday the first one-- of four, took flying lessons. If you read my Memorial Box Monday post "The Nest" a couple of weeks ago, you will know that the Lord is using these little birds once again, to minister to my aching heart. (" The Nest: Part II" is coming).
I am thankful for Brady's future, knowing that his steps are ordered by the Lord. I look forward to seeing how God plans to use Brady. I have a feeling it's gonna be big.
Today I am thankful for the growing pile of Brady's neatly packed belongings taking up the corner of my dining room-- because it means he's still here.
Today I am thankful that we get to hold on to his noisy little self for just a bit longer . . .
Blessings from my teary eyed nest ~
Mama bird







6 comments:
Oh Tina! What a way to make a mama cry in the morning!!!
I'm teary eyed from my nest just reading this. You have certainly raised a fine young man (oh my, he will be a wonderful husband some day).
Okay, I CAN'T WAIT to read your Nest Part II. I just love how God speaks to you through the birds on your windowsill because that's how He speaks to me, too!
I hope all is well at your sweet nest!
Much Love,
Kathie
Tina,
i'm praying for your Mama's heart during this difficult time. It is so hard to let our babies go, isn't it?
i was thinking about that last night after watching a part of the Passion of the Christ. How hard must it have been for Mary, knowing what her son was going to go through!
It really struck me that we as mothers have a hard row to hoe. Thankfully, His grace is sufficient for us.
This Mama is still waiting to hear when she can go bring her littlest home. Please continue to pray for me.
i miss you my friend. i'm hugging you all the way from here!
Love you!
Alycia
Wow, what a sweet post and I'm getting teary eyed just thinking this will be me in 3 short years. Thanks for ministering to my heart this morning and reminding me to savor each moment.
BTW - His cooking skills are very impressive!
Love yall and miss yall,
Robin
Ohhh Tin,
Now we have a crying Aunt Jod...
I am soooo proud of him and of you! You are an amazing mama and he is ready to go. So glad he'll be with Bryce. Just prayed for strength for all of you and will continue in the days ahead. Love you bunches and bunches and miss you too!
Jod
Oh Tina, you do have so much to be thankful for but also so much to be proud of! You have obviously poured so much love, attention, and care into each and every one of your children. You inspire me to be a better mom and to view things in my life in a more positive life. Thank you for sharing your incredible outlook on life and all its blessings.
I'll be thinking of you as your youngest original bird takes flight. No doubt he'll soar.
Post a Comment