Friday, October 8, 2010

My Bigs: A Big Weekend

I'm still here . . . had a little blogger's block going on.

I am so excited about this weekend! On Saturday night we will have the privilege of attending the Children's Hunger Fund "Children's Champion Awards" celebration banquet. The host for the evening will be Francis Chan, internationally known pastor and author. How cool is that? The banquet, as CHF states, "will honor those whose impact will resonate in the lives of children around the world."


Children's Hunger Fund Presents
The 2010 Children's Champion Award
Celebration Banquet

October 9, 2010
6:00 PM at Pedrotti's North Wind Ranch
in San Antonio, TX
Business Formal Attire


Honoring:
David Robinson
NBA Legend and Philanthropist
Michael and Carol Hart
Founders of Zoe International Ministries
Carlos Pimentel
Executive VP,
Esperanza International



Our very own Newlys have been invited by CHF to attend
the banquet! I will share more about that after Saturday night!

We love you Taye and Frankie!


Saturday's excitement will turn into
Sunday's cheers (from afar, unfortunately),
for Brady, who has decided to run a little race . . .

the Spokane Half Marathon . . .a mere 13.1 miles!
(I don't know if I could run the .1 part.)

Brady believes in doing things BIG,
I love that about him!

He has decided to run on behalf of . . .

and he is very close to reaching his $300.00 goal!


We're so proud of you Brady,
and we will be cheering you on LOUDLY, from Texas!


And since I'm on the subject of my Bigs . . .


We received a new picture of our biggest Big, Bryce, this week.

He was ice skating (quite tame compared to his normal activities) . . .

and smiling a really sweet smile.


The kind of smile a special girl can cause.

Hello Jackie, we look forward to meeting you!


That's the update on my Bigs, from their proud mama (and mother-in-law)!

Blessings from my nest ~

Tina



5 comments:

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

What a fun weekend! I love the Adventures of Taylor and Frankie photo. And I agree, I don't think I could run the .1 either. ;)

Happy weekend to your very special nest!

Much Love,
Kathie

P.S. We are in the process of adopting from China. Every time I see your sweet Teddi I get excited that some day we might have a "Teddi" too!

Karin said...

wow...so much excitement happening in your nest this week! So excited for you. :)

Sarah said...

LOVE reading about your bigs (as well as your littles)!

Blessings to you, friend.
Sarah

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Lots of news from your nest! Wow Brady--good for you! Can't wait to hear about the banquet and T&F!
Miss you! We're heading to Everland tomorrow (Korea's Disneyland). Should be fun!

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

busy, busy.... but it all looks like fun!