Monday, November 29, 2010

The Winner Is . . .


The winner is my bloggy friend Bonnie, in Michigan! Congratulations Bonnie!

Bonnie shared--

"We have only done Christmas "differently" since cancer came to our home in 2007 (My brave friend Bonnie is a cancer survivor) . That year, it was only homemade gifts. Period. No cheating with stocking stuffers either. That was my favorite Christmas ever. Precious. Tender. Lasting. This year we are planning on a mild version of stocking stuffers and then going for a long weekend together. All of us. Christmas has always been about people, not stuff. We have not met as a family and discussed who we are giving to, but you have certainly given me super ideas!"

I love this--"Christmas has always been about people, not stuff."


Thank you to Bonnie, and to all who entered my little giveaway and shared the many ways that each of your families is "doing things differently" this Christmas. I do believe that buying the things on Jesus' wishlist makes us all richer and can truly mean life to those we bless. And the blessing we receive back is priceless, is it not?

Thank you, friends.

Blessings from my nest ~

Tina

P.S. To those of you who asked, I am planning on trying to make a few more Morning Star bracelets--I'll let you know when I have accomplished that!

3 comments:

Serving the King said...

Yay Bonnie! And yay Tina for inspiring us to all do things differently!

Bonnie said...

YAAAAY! I just got home from my check up with my oncologist--no more appointments until next JUNE! Winning your giveaway is absolutely precious!!! What a blessing and blast all at the same time!!
My address--do you need it?
Love you friend,
Thank you very, very much!!
He is faithful,
Bonnie

Thank you Tina!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like the perfect person won your giveaway. Thanks for having such a big heart, Tina.

Blessings to you,
Sarah