Monday, December 6, 2010

Love letters . . .


We went camping for a couple of days after Thanksgiving, we had a wonderful time and I will share some of those pictures soon-- but today I really just wanted to pass on a little love.

On Saturday afternoon we had gone for a walk and we happened upon this tree, beside a quiet little lake. The sun was shining, and there was a slight breeze blowing. As I looked up I couldn't help but notice that the red leaves fluttered in the wind like tiny paper hearts. It was if they were love letters straight from the Lord.

He loves us so deeply and creatively--

after all, creation is His!


Love letters . . .


"I have loved you with an everlasting love;

I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

Jeremiah 31:3

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,

that we should be called children of God!

And that is what we are!

1 John 3:1


For great is your love, higher than the heavens;

your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 108:4

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.

He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love,

he will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:7



"Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him,

for he shields him all day long,

and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders."

Deuteronomy 33:12


So today . . .

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge–that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19


His love for you is wide and long and high and deep--and it is everlasting. Take a look around, He's just waiting to show you His love letters!


Blessings from my nest ~

Tina

3 comments:

Serving the King said...

ooo girl how I needed that verse from Deuteronomy today. Thank you for that!

Sarah said...

beautiful...

Bonnie said...

My love letters are coated with snow--but love filled nonetheless.
Thank you for sharing your heart, especially the scripture from Ephesians! What power packed words!!
He is faithful,
Bonnie