My goodness, I really didn't plan on taking such a long break from blogging . . . and the longer I have stayed away the harder it has been to figure out how to come back . . .
Where to start? What to post?
New news? Old news?
Hmmmm . . .
I have uploaded most of my favorite shots from our two weeks in Michigan, so I guess we'll start there. (Most of these are for the benefit of my family, but anyone is welcome to take a look!) The weather was beautiful, and a delightful break from the smothering Texas heat. As an added bonus we were near water most of the time . . . ahhhhhhhhh. We are in a serious drought here in San Antonio, stage three water restrictions. It quickly makes you realize the preciousness of water--when it is limited and everything around you is drying up to a crisp.
Thank you Lord for Michigan . . . for beautiful lakes, big and small!
We spent most of our time relaxing and hanging out with family.
Teddi loves her older girl cousins,
and of course they dote on her.
(Dote? Is that an old lady word?)
Teddi also loves having a younger cousin to dote on
(call me old, I said dote again)--and
it's even more special when that cousin
happens to look a little like my Ted.
You may remember that my brother and his wife
have been in the ups and downs of
a domestic adoption for nearly
two years now. By the grace of God
the battle is nearly won and hopefully
soon these two precious babes
will be forever a part of our family.
Without disclosing too much
private information --
I look at their beautiful skin and their little
almond shaped eyes and I have to
pinch myself at God's goodness . .
for many reasons.
Selfishly I never dreamed that
Teddi would have cousins
who looked similar to her.
When I see Teddi and
sweet "L" together
it nearly brings me to tears.
With military retirement 18 months away
(excuse me while I do a HaPpY dance),
and a move "home"
to Michigan coming closer and closer
into view, there is a strong possibility that
these kiddos will grow up together.
This is HUGE to my heart!
My sweet mama traveled up from Florida
shortly before we made our long trip north.
It was soooo good to see her--
and for my babies to spend time with her.
Great fun was had playing a
"Grandma Guessing Game"
Which hand is the coin in?
A correct guess meant you got to move up one step!
Cousin Landon won by a guess--
here he is about to cross the "finish line"!
Precious memories made on a late summer night!
Teddi read to Grandma . . .
And then posed very lady-like for a picture.
Or not.
Happy boy, happy Grandma.
I took these shots through my sisters sliding glass door.
Again, two more reasons to love a Michigan summer . . .
make that
three . . .
there were twin fawns!
How many of you can say . . .
that you have ridden
a Double-Decker carousel in KALAMAZOO?
Sounds Seuss-ish!
Great cousin fun!
Ocassionally we stopped to
sleep and re-feul!
Love me some sleeping babies.
Then it was on to another lake--
at Papa and Grandma's cottage . . .
and more cousin time!
Eating . . .
and swimming . . .
and birthday
celebrating!
Good, good times!
I love seeing my brother (a long time dad to BOYS) playing
with his precious little girl!
So much fun in the sun!
A lot of fishing . . .
and some more re-fueling . . .
followed by more fishing!
Can you feel the love?
The big kids spent hours making friendship bracelets.
For real.
And Bry and Brady made a
huge batch of home-made salsa, lakeside!
Real yum!
It was so good to have Brady
fly in from Spokane and
join us the second week!
Back at G'ma and G'pa's . . .
up, up, up the hill!
The smiling not-so-newlys . . .
happy brothers . . .
and a little sister helper
for a late nightcard game!
One last hurrah!
We met up with my baby brother's
family for a little
ice cream eatin' on our way out of town!
That's it, in a vacation nutshell.
Family . . .
Food. (Way too much. Six souvenier-ish pounds to be exact. Not what I intended to bring home!)
and Fun.
Priceless memories made!
Blessings from my back-to-blogging nest~
Tina







5 comments:
I missed you Tina! So glad you're back. Looks like Michigan was wonderful!
Welcome back my friend! i missed reading your blog. Bry's retiring? WOW!!! COOL! John did that! LOL
We are still praying about where to move. He has a job that will start on 1 August, his job before retiring, but, we don't love it here.
i am thrilled that you get to move back home, or are praying about it. Selfishly, i think it stinks! ;) i don't want to not see you when i get to SA. boo hoo!
Looks like you all had a wonderful time in MI. Very happy that you did and that you had a safe trip home.
Love you!
Alycia
Ha! Ha! Ha! you said DOTE!!!! hee hee hee, showing our age are we? rofl
and I hope you tripped over your feet while doing your "happy dance"! I dont like hearing, talking about, or reading about you leaving San Antonio :-(
So glad you enjoyed your time with family! Love ya to the moon and back!
Welcome back! So glad that you took a minute to dote on your blog! :) I'm thinking I want to be adopted into your family so I can take part in all that fun. You game? I don't come with too much paperwork!
I have ridden that carousel! I have been curious as to where in Michigan you were vacationing. I grew up only about 30 min North of Kalamazoo - near Wayland/Caledonia, but now live in the upper peninsula.
Post a Comment