Friday, July 29, 2011

She said, "YES"!

Introducing my daughter-in-love to be . . .

Sloane Alaura!

She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the out.

My original baby boy, the youngest of my "bigs"

Brayden Erick

proposed

on Tuesday night . . .

and she said, "YES"!

(The following pictures of Sloane and Brady were taken this past spring by one of Sloane's best friends. When I saw the pictures it was obvious to me that Brady had found his match.)

I have to share a little bit about their story--and God gets the glory . . .

If you have followed my blog for anytime at all you know that Brady marches to the beat of his own loud drum. When B was about 14, maybe 15 years old he announced that he "just wanted to find his wife and get married"--and he meant it. He'd had it with the the high school drama, the frivolous ways of girls, the shallow relationships of others--he really just wanted to meet his wife!

The night before Brady left the nest (to move to Spokane) he came and flopped across my bed. We talked for a long while. He was struggling . . . scared he wouldn't have any friends. I reassured him that he would surely make new friends, simply because he is a good friend. I was sad (and shed more than a couple of tears), but in my heart I knew he would be fine. One of the last things that I said to Brady during our conversation was, "Maybe your wife is in Spokane." I think he replied, "Maybe she is!"

So off my bird flew . . .

Fast forward from May to August of last year. The church that Brady and Bryce attended had been searching for a new pastor. I remember the conversation well when Brady told me they had found a new pastor, that the family was moving from Oregon, and he (the pastor) had three daughters . . . and in Brady's words, "one around my age mom and I can't wait to meet her".

It was as if he already knew!

Brady's wife-to-be wasn't in Spokane when he got there, but the Lord did bring her quickly--because He's good like that. He hears the prayers of our hearts. The prayers of a young boy who just wants to meet his wife. The prayers of a mama's heart for just the right girl for her one of a kind boy . The prayers of Sloane's parent's hearts for their daughter's future mate. The prayers of a young girl's heart searching for who the Lord had planned for her--and He answers.

And then that sweet girl shares with her mom-in-love-to-be that "He {Brady} has all of the qualities I prayed for in a man. Thank you for doing a good job". And my heart again rejoices at His goodness . . . and His matchmaking . . . and in prayers answered . . . many prayers answered.

Thankfully Brady and Sloane had started dating a few weeks before we visited Spokane last March--and we were able to meet Sloane then and spend time with her. I am also very grateful that we were able to share a Sunday meal with her parents, Tim and Kathy, and that spending time with them was like hanging out with old friends. Comfortable and good.

Please pray for Brady and Sloane as you think of them. Brady is 19, Sloane is 21--they are young. Bryan and I got married at 21. We were young. It's do-able, but not easy. Who am I kidding, no marriage is easy. It takes commitment . . . and communication . . . and patience . . . and unconditional love . . . day in and day out. For always. I see God's hand in this, as do they, and I have faith that He will see them through.


Thank you for sharing our JOY!

We are very excited!

Blessings from my growing nest ~

Tina

~No date yet, but it's looking like wedding bells will ring in the spring of 2012!


12 comments:

Serving the King said...

Chills! Absolute chills! What a GREAT story! Congrats momma! Job well done!

Tracey said...

So exciting! Congrats to all...we love following your beautiful family!!

Sarah said...

What exciting news! It definitely sounds like God orchestrated the whole thing! Blessings on Brady and Sloane!

Lori said...

Congrats again! Love you all!

Jessica Kok said...

Congrats! Sounds like a win for the whole family!

Bonnie said...

Congrats Tina!! I see a young couple and hope--yep, marriage is hard work, but if they love Jesus with all their hearts, He will provide all they need..
Thanks for all your kind words.
I wish I could've connected with you while you were on MI soil
Oh well!!Blessings to you bloggy friend!
Bonnie

Melissa said...

woo-hoo!
so excited for the whole nest!!!
love the photos--they are beautiful.
Love you,
M

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She looks like Francesca Batistelli. :)

Beccy said...

WOW!!!! How very exciting! I love that God is blessing Brady like this- he is one special guy. Congratulations to every one!!!!!

Jennifer O'Cain said...

How exciting and sweet! Congratulations!!

Karin said...

Congratulations!! What exciting news! What a blessing that you have the knowledge that God brought them together. He will see them through. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story! I am going to let all my girls read it! We miss you all so much and are thrilled with the news that Brady has found the love of his life. God is ALWAYS good!
Sue Kennedy, Okinawa