Thursday, January 5, 2012

Teddi is 7!

Today we celebrate the seventh birthday of our youngest treasure.

Our Theadora Fu Xiao.


Theadora means Gift of God.

Fu is blessing or fortune,

and Xiao (shee-ow) in Teddi's case
(as described by her nannies) is smile.

Teddi is indeed our gift from God.
Our smiling treasure.

It's who she is.
It's part of her DNA.
Teddi is a happy girl.

Today while we were driving my sweet girl told me that they remember her birthday in China--"because they miss me . . . so they remember my birthday". When I asked her whether she meant at her orphanage, or her China mommy, she very confidently answered, "Everyone in China."

Sigh.

My heart hurts.

Somewhere there is a birth mama who had to kiss her precious girl goodbye. We can speculate why--but we have no answers. There probably never will be answers this side of heaven. As Teddi says, "God knows, cause He knows everything."

I am fairly certain that there is a mama in China who remembers this special day. Oh if I could only let her know that her baby girl is safe-- and sooooo excited to be turning seven! If I could let her know that her baby girl is smart, and compassionate, and more ticklish than words can tell. If I could only thank her for the gift of life she choose for her daughter . . . so that she might be our gift.

If only . . . I could let her know that she is happy.

It's part of her DNA.

It's who she is . . .

If only . . .

For now, I will rejoice. I will rejoice enough for two mamas. Our gift, who celebrated three birthdays in China, will celebrate today for the fourth year at home. The scales have been tipped. Her birthdays as a daughter now outnumber her birthdays as an orphan. Thank you God for this indescribable gift.

Happy Birthday Theadora Fu Xiao.


You are loved . . .

all the way to China . . .

and back.

We love you!

Mommy and Daddy
Bryce, Taylor & Frankie,
Brady & Sloane,
and your best friend and brother
(and fellow seven year old) Brogan

Blessings from my nest ~

Tina


7 comments:

Neri said...

Oh this post is so beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes thinking of how God works everything out so perfectly, even when we cannot understand. Happy Birthday Teddi and we will see you in a few hours!!

Patientlywaiting said...

Happy birthday to the sweetest 7 year old girl in all of Texas! We miss you and your smile so much! Rejoicing today for the gift that you are!

Hugs,
Robin and the gang

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

Oh sweet, Teddi, I wish that we lived near you! Grace (and Lily!) would love to play with you!

Happy Birhtday, beautiful, precious girl!

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Happy Happy #7, Ted!
Wish we could be there to celebrate YOU!! You are a blessing to your family! Hope your day is wonderful! Love from Korea.

Kim said...

7...SEVEN??? How did that happen?

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!

Tina, you did it again...what a beautiful post!!! Write a book will ya!!!! You are gifted my friend...God has blessed you with beautiful words!

And guess what??? We might actually get to meet...Hayden is dating the most precious girl frrommm??? You guessed it...SA! I just have that mommy intuition that there might be wedding bells in the future. I can say that because he won't ever find this and read it...hehehe. So maybe our girls can have a craft-fest together someday!

Sweet Teddi girl, I hope your day was FANTASTIC!!!

Kim

No Greater Love said...

Happy Birthday, Teddi!

What a beautiful post....I love that you will rejoice enough for two mamas. So precious! Rejoicing with you for your special gift!