When Bryce was home for the holidays we managed a trip downtown to a great little restaurant that Taylor and Frankie had discovered, called La Gloria. Oh yum. It was a nicer-than-you-could-ask-for December day, and we were able to dine outside with a view of the Riverwalk (the newer extended part, near the Pearl Brewery if you are in the area and you want to look it up). La Gloria serves Mexican "street foods", or as I'd call it "happy taste buds" food! We had such a good time!
Hot, fresh baked chips and salsa . . .
little kid drinks . . .
big kid drinks . . .
and Ted's favorite-- sweet tea!
(She's a southern girl, ya know
from southern China to south Texas)!
My biggest and my littlest boy. Happy together.
Teddi showing off her freshly pierced ears . . .
a Christmas gift from a really cool big brother.
Thank you brother!
Sisters.
So different on the outside,
yet so alike on the inside in many, many ways.
"Eye love you, Mom!"
A view of the old Pearl Brewery across the way.
Posing by the river . . .
Smooooch!
Daddy and Brogan checking out the Riverwalk.
Love these big guys!
My beloved . . .
and the no-longer-Newlys.
Ducks!
Come back!
Heading up from the river and over to the brewery . . .
which is a now a really cool retail
and business office space.
A piece of equipment from
the former brewery, I assume.
the former brewery, I assume.
Fun shots from inside the Pearl. . .
looking out and across you can see La Gloria.
Yum. Again.
Yum. Again.
We call this "Winder Shopping".
Little girl. Big city.
Delightful!
(My favorite)
If you look closely below you can see the covered pipe
extending all the way out to the street!
We just so happened to find ourselves in front of the bakery run by the Culinary Institute of America, San Antonio-- so Taye and Frankie decided to meander in and buy some dessert to share! The sweets tasted as good as they looked! Aren't they pretty?
Guess I should say, "Weren't they pretty?"
We had such a fun and relaxing afternoon--
no crowds,
no rushing around,
just hanging out, together.
So thankful for times like that!
Sweet memories made--
to treasure in our hearts!
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina







4 comments:
Ahhh...I just left a comment, but it didn't take.
Your day sounds sooo fun. I was at the Riverwalk one time, and I thought it was so beautiful. :)
And I think that yarn bombing is a riot. Just the other day Caleb said to me, "Why does the Abraham Lincoln statue have a knitted scarf and purse on it?" Well, now I can tell him why, someone yarn bombed it.
Wow, that pipe is long...someone took a seriously long time knitting that cover for it. I wonder how they got it on too. :)
That looks like fun! Eddie told me SA was going to extend the River Walk. That must be the part you visited. That restaurant sounds good too. I'll have to remember that the next time we are in SA. :-)
Oh friend!
This makes me yearn to be back HOME!!!
i miss SA so much! Great to see that you had such a lovely day with your family. Just beautiful!
Love Ted's new earrings... how cool of B to do that for her!
Love seeing you all (almost) together. i miss you.
love you tons,
Alycia
Oh, this looks like such a wonderful family day! The food looks spectacular, the yarn super-fun and, of course, the best part, I'm sure, was the company!
Post a Comment