Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Brogan's (better late than never) Birthday in Review!

My sweet boy turned eight on March 23rd and we had a day long celebration!


Unfortunately I have uploaded this post no less than four times (over the last three weeks) and blogger has swallowed it up, never to be seen again, times four.  Seriously?  I nearly gave up until I realized that I had the same issue last year for little man's birthday, and due to our move I did give up. Cute pirate party celebrating seven, never found it's bloggy claim to fame.  And age six? No party pics either. Lame.  Since I am turning my blog into a book each year (okay, so far I have done 2008) I'm thinking I should fix this issue at some point--for little man's sake.

On with it . . . quickly, before I lose it again!

The morning started out with "powder" donuts and soda, because around here, on your birthday, no rules apply. .  . 

and besides, powder donuts make for some sweet pics. 
Ted: "I want a picture with the birthday boy!"
Brogan picked an "Angry Bird-thday" theme .  . . 
Mama made the poster,
while Frankie worked hard transforming balloons!
Aren't they great?
While we worked on decorations,
Taye was busy in the kitchen . . .
YUM!
Taye and Frankie also did an Angry Bird egg hunt,
complete with cool "PIG" buckets . . .
and some more artistic yumminess--
an Angry pizza!
We were blessed to have some great friends join us--
and daddy even managed to make a 
rare lunchtime appearance!
The Grinner's grin --
was out in full force!
The Angry Birds game was a hit!
(I have no idea why Teddi is airborne 
in this shot. None at all.)

Our partying continued on into the evening with
 special guest "Auntie Terry"-- 
cake maker extraordinaire!

A new golf club was a hit!
As was the remote control truck from Auntie!
Check out the fabulous cake!
(Auntie sets a high standard . . .
and spoils my kiddos!)
Thank you Auntie!

Our little man is growing up!

Brogan Elijah,
What a gift you are to us!
Eight looks GREAT on you!


We love you Bubba!
Mom, Dad
Bryce, Taye, Frankie
Brady, Sloanie
and your Ted

Blessings from my nest~ 

Tina


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Brogan!! He looks like he is growing into an amazing young man!

Momto5bugs said...

He sure looks like Brady in that last photo! Happy B-day, B!
Love from Korea

Jodi said...

Hey Tin,

Please tell Brogan that Aunt Jod has NOT forgotten him, that she is just running behind! No I'm not running behind...I'm right where I'm supposed to be! He will be getting a card in the mail soon! Love ya bunches!