Thursday, April 19, 2012

For the Love of Auntie

This is my friend Terry, or "Auntie Terry" to my kiddos. Last week we had the privilege of attending a Casting Crowns concert together (an exciting post for another time).  Last week she had hair, but chemo, chemo is mean to hair. On Sunday Terry said goodbye to her hair, for now, and yesterday my girlies (and some other girlies as well) said goodbye to their hair, for now. They donated their tresses for the love of Auntie--and it was good.
Teddi's "before".
(When Ted found out that Auntie was loosing her hair, 
she said, "Well I want to cut mine off right here
 {grabbing her locks at her neckline}
and we can make Auntie a wig.)
Sweet girl. 
Auntie cutting one of three ponytails.
Love it!
 So proud.

Next came Taye's long blond tresses,
her hair had never been cut above her shoulders.
Ever. 
Never.
Brogan even got in on the action.
Auntie trying on Taye's locks--
smiling, despite chemo exhaustion.
My strong friend.
 And, my sassy girls this morning. 
(My Taylor girl doesn't do anything halfway.)
Aren't they beautiful? 
Thank you girl's for giving of yourselves.
You blessed hearts. 

Please all, if you will, pray for Terry as she walks this hard, hard road called cancer--for the third time. Pray that the Lord would bring comfort and complete healing. Pray that He would show himself strong to Terry as she trusts Him minute by minute, day by day. Pray that He would meet her every need spiritually, and physically as she is off work for treatment.  Father, thank you that you are our Ever Present Help in time of trouble.  In Jesus name, Amen

Blessings from my nest~

Tina

6 comments:

Pink said...

Tina- I cant even find the words. The example that you and the Chief have shown your children has truely made them who they are today. Loving, caring, gentle kiddos with such a servants heart and a love for God like none I've seen in children before! I cry just thinking about what Tedi said...sweet China Bear wanting to give me her hair. And the sweetness of Taye, not only donating, but giving more than she needed to! Oh how I love those girls! Oh how I have been blessed by their selfless act of kindness!

Love ya ALL,
Auntie Terry

Laine said...

Oh Tina I am praying right now for Auntie Terry...she has a precious spirit that I can see even through a computer screen! And your girls...oh your girls. I'm speechless.
I read this morning in Matthew 4 "News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them."
I am praying this for Auntie Terry!!!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Oh Jesus,
Thank You so much for Auntie Terry. I pray Your mighty hand would touch her and heal her of the cancer. I know You are able. Right now I entrust her into Your capable, mighty hands and ask that Your will be done in her life. Comfort,like only You can..In the Mighty Name of Jesus,
AMEN.
Love you Tina,
Bonnie

Sarah said...

Sweet, beautiful girls. I'll be praying for Terry.

Love to you, friend.
Sarah

Jodi said...

Amazing nieces with beautiful hair and suuuper beautiful hearts! We will be praying for Terry for healing and strength from our more than capable Savior. Would love to honor her with a luminaria at our Relay if you could e-mail me her name! Love you all!

Jod

Beccy said...

Beautiful.
Praying.