Merry Christmas from our Nest!
Life has been crazy busy, but good! Around Thanksgiving time Blogger decided that my picture quota was full, so I couldn't upload any pics, I then managed to mess up my blog background (and turn it nice and blank for a bit), and I finally gave up. Now that things have settled down a bit I've had time to work on my technical difficulties--and I'm back (as long as Blogger cooperates). In the mean time I've learned that when a new baby arrives just weeks before Christmas it is very easy to push almost everything aside if given the opportunity to spend time with said baby.
Wrap gifts? Or sit quietly with a warm bundle asleep on your chest? Give me the warm bundle. Make fudge? Or nuzzle sweet, fuzzy baby hair? Who needs fudge. Clean house? Or have a photo shoot of the cutest baby boy around? Hand me the camera--dust will always be here. So . . . Thanksgiving happened . . . and Christmas happened-- not without some scurrying at the end, but I am pleased with the way we prioritized.
My sister, Amy, flew out a few days after Thanksgiving for a quick visit, both to meet her great-nephew Moses, and to meet my friendy, Terry. We all had a wonderful time together!
Then is was back to school, and Christmas preparations--unless of course Mo was around . . .
Another advantage of a tiny baby boy arriving within weeks of Christmas, is the opportunity it gives one to reflect on what it was like for Mary. When you are preparing your heart for the celebration of the Newborn King, and in your arms lies this tiny innocent bundle . . . it's hard for me to describe . . . but what a sweet, sweet blessing. At times my heart was (and is) completely overwhelmed with His goodness . . .
Mosie and his mama
While holding Moses on one such occasion I thought it would be special to re-create our nativity scene from 2010 . . .
only this time with real live babe . . .
The pictures speak for themselves. Well, kind of. You can't see the sharp burrs poking me through the sides of my shoes, as we prepared to set up the scene. Or the fire ants biting my feet as I attempted to remove the burrs from my shoes--camera swinging wildly from my neck. You can't see the bee that scared Joseph, or the mosquitoes that swarmed us all . . . and you can't hear a certain little Chinese girl whining, "Why do I have to be Mary?" You also can't see the sweat on the brows of the precious little holy couple, dressed in layers on an unusually warm south Texas day. Eighty degrees. In December.
Looking back, I think our "behind the scenes" was probably much more realistic of the actual Nativity than the serene picture of holy perfection that we are accustomed to. I bet that Mary may have whined a little--and probably sweat, too. I bet Joseph may have been a tiny bit afraid. I can pretty safely assume that God's creatures in that night time stable may have been running a little interference of their own. But, in the end does come a picture of Holy Perfection. . .
Come to save us all. Come to be our King of Kings!
And the world stands still for a moment . . .
as we ponder the most precious gift of all.
Jesus.
I pray that the Christmas season gave you time to marvel at His goodness, and that the coming year finds you wrapped up in His love.
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina













2 comments:
Oh gracious the sweetness!!! Loving that sweet baby and don't even get me started on the nativity pics! Love!!
Love love love the Nativity pictures! These will be a blessing for many years to come! Happy New Year!
Joy
Post a Comment