"Sometimes we girls think that if we don't make instant progress, then real change isn't coming. But that's not so. There is a beautiful reality called imperfect progress. The day I realized the glorious hope of this kind of imperfect change is the day I gave myself permission to believe I could really be different. Imperfect changes are slow steps of progress wrapped in grace . . . imperfect progress."
This return to my blog will be just one of my many slow step of progress wrapped in grace. I'm not sure what that return will look like, other than I will stop thinking about writing and just get started. I think it's a great thought for the beginning of a brand new year. Time to lay down the regrets-- the things we wish we'd done differently, the things we wish we'd never done at all, the things we ran out of time to do, the things we think we could have done better, it's time for laying it down and moving forward in slow steps of progress wrapped in His grace!
Clean slate. Hello 2014!
(Lest you think that this adorable and "Pinteresting" mantel is mine. Tis not.
this was taken at a staged "photo-op spot"-- set up at an
amazing Christmas performance that we attended.)
I think as far as my blog is concerned that I may back up and do a month-by-month re-cap. Does that still count as slow steps of progress? I guess so, as long as I'm writing and not just wishing I was. Thank you for your patience as I discuss this with myself. I may also just steal a few highlights from my Facebook and call it good.
Of course I need to share some faces with you, including one much changed face . . . as you can see, newborn Mo is not newborn anymore.
We were blessed to get to be able to road trip to San Antonio for his first birthday. Sweet boy.
We were also blessed to have all but one (or maybe two) of our birds together in SA for some precious family time. After which we headed on to South Carolina for some time with Bryce . . .
and someone special! I am pleased to announce that our nest is growing by one beautiful bird. I would like to introduce to you, our daughter in-love-to-be, Marquita! Bryce proposed right here in Michigan just before they arrived for a Christmas visit. She said, "Yes!" Wedding bells will ring in September. I am so happy for the two of them, and stand amazed at the way Jesus brought them together--which deserves its own post . . . on another day.
Aren't they sweet?
So . . . . . here we are.
In brief Christmas letter type form I will try to fill you in on everyone's happenings . . .while trying not to sound braggy, because blech . . . .
-- Our Teddi girl turned nine this week. How can it be? Ted is my planner, and I'm pretty sure she thinks God sent her to help organize my life. And He did.
-- Brogan learned the in's and out's of the riding lawn mower this summer, and made a very dependable lawn boy! He is now loving the snow, as is his sister.
-- Bry has transitioned from his busy military lifestyle into my homeschooling partner extraordinaire. It
wasn't without hiccups . . . but we've made exceptional imperfect progress.
-- Taylor started a new job in November as the Ministry Assistant to the pastor at Journey Fellowship, our former church. Frankie also started a new job in November, and is now working for Children's Hunger Fund. Moses is walking, and jabbering, and taking over bigger and bigger pieces of my heart. I have never been so thankful for FaceTime--it makes the miles between us do-able.
--Brady has worked hard at his credit union job along with attending school- and is nearly ready to complete his training at the Recording Conservatory of Austin as a recording engineer. And Sloanie has been promoted, and promoted again, leading the way at her job with REI.
--Bryce has been busy diamond shopping working at his job as a Survival Instructor. And Marquita's days as a pharmacist are very full-- working for the VA, as well as teaching at South University's School of Pharmacy in Columbia.
I must say that I am beyond proud of our big kids (and littles too)-- but nothing compares to the JOY of knowing that each of them loves Jesus, and trusts Him to guide their busy steps. Daily. There is nothing like it. Nothing. For those of you struggling to "train up" teenagers (or even independent toddlers), stay the course. It's tough, I know (and it freaks me out to know that in a few short years I'll be there again with teenagers). But seriously, there is a reward. Stay the course.
And with that random offering I will draw this long-time-coming, breaking-of-the-silence post to a close!
I have missed sharing our lives with you!
If I disappear again for a bit it's because I am headed for Florida on Monday, with my sister--to celebrate our birthdays with our mama! Taylor and Moses will be flying in to meet us. I am a bit more than a LOT excited! And I get to introduce my Mosie to my mama, a moment I am really looking forward to!
Blessings from my nest~
Tina








3 comments:
Ah Tina, so great to catch up on the happenings of your life! You are such an amazing blessing!!
I love hearing how well everyone is doing!!! Thanks for sharing and for the encouraging note. You are a blessing!
Missed you! So glad you are back!:)
Post a Comment