First to my mama ~
Mom ~ Thank you for being my first and best teacher. Thank you for being a shining example of unconditional love. Thank you for teaching me about Jesus, and for instilling in me the truth that all people are worthy, no matter the color of their skin, nor whether they be rich or poor. Thank you for teaching me that God's creation is a wondrous thing, and for taking the time to stop and smell the roses (or wildflowers) along the way. Thank you for teaching me to use my hands to cook . . . to sew . . . to create . . . and most importantly to help others. Thank you for always encouraging me, and for always supporting me--even when it meant me getting married and moving far away, for a long, long time. Thank you for finding ways for love to bridge the distance over the years. Thank you for laughter -- our greatest family gift, if I do say so myself! Happy birthday to our wonderful mama, mother-in-law, and grandma! We love you!!
And now for my beloved ~ (wearing his favorite "vacation" goatee)

Twenty eight years ago I fell in love with this face . . . okay, it was a much younger face then, we were seventeen and high school sweethearts. Four years later we said our "I do's" and he whisked me away as a young Air Force wife. Much has changed . . . we've lived in many places, and we've gone from husband and wife, to mom and dad, adding five birds along the way.
One thing hasn't changed . . . Baby, you are my prince charming! Thank you for being a Godly husband and a patient and loving dad . . . and daddy . . . and baba. Thank you for serving our country. Thank you for working hard for your promotions, it's paid off and we couldn't be prouder. Thank you for being a wonderful provider. Thank you for loving our birds, each one for him or herself. Thank you for loving me for better or worse, always. Happy, happy birthday from all of us! We love you!!
Double birthday blessings to two of my biggest life's blessings. Thank you Lord for my mama and for my husband. I am blessed indeed!
Blessings from our celebrating nest~
Tina
A side note--
Thank you precious friends for your comments on my previous post. You all are such a sweet encouragement to me. I am realizing (through you, and some others) that my life is very, very full right now and I am trying to cut myself some slack. I took the chocolate advice (thanks M.) and I am going to the doctor, today. I'll keep you posted, thanks for the love! T~







5 comments:
Happy Birthdays! Today is my hubby's bday too! What a day to celebrate.
What a sweet tribute to two very special-sounding people.
Blessings,
Sarah
How sweet, my husband's birthday is this week too and I was going to do a whole day on him...it will be really hard trying to pick out the favorite and best pictures.
How great that they share the same birthday. Happy Birthday to the both of them.
Tammy
Happy Birthday to Mom and Hubby!
I hope their birthday was wonderful!
Love you,
Kim
What a precious birthday post.
Strong love sustains us!
Post a Comment