I've needed to do an update and have been trying to come up with a post or a picture to sum up my feelings over the past few days . . . I found this picture on my favorite Flickr (picture borrowing) site, and thought it was appropriate.Life has seemed a bit stormy lately. . . but the Lord has provided the covering of love from family and friends, much like umbrellas, to see me through. And there have been many rainbows, as well.
I went to the doctor last Thursday to see about getting some help for what I think may be Adult ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). The doctor I saw seemed to think "procrastination" or PMS might be the more likely culprit. . . . hmmmmmm, not exactly the help I was looking for. With six or seven questions he thought he had 45 years of my life figured out . . . that's all I will say about that -- chalk one up for a storm. The rainbow? He has written a referral for me to be seen in the Behavioral Medicine clinic. I am waiting for a phone call. In the meantime the encouragement of those close (in heart) to me, be it far away family or blogger friends, have been the umbrellas to protect me. Thank you dear ones, you are also my rainbows.
Another storm . . . To weeks ago, our oldest, Bryce, suffered from what the doctors are calling an atypical migraine. He experienced some crazy (scary) neurological symptoms over the span of several hours, and then he was fine. The doctors wanted him to be checked out by a neurologist, so we have been waiting on that referral . . . a storm prolonged. (These are times when I don't like it that my baby bird is no longer in my nest and is stationed many states away). The rainbow came today, when after a thorough check-up by the neurologist, and an MRI, Bryce was given the "all clear". I praise you Lord for my strong, healthy boy, make that man. I love you Bryce Evan.
Please forgive the randomness of this post as I continue . . .
This past Friday night we attended an ALS benefit dinner. Frankie ("The Fiance" . . . my future son-in-law) has an aunt who suffers from ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). Her name is Chita, and Chita fights a storm daily against a disease that is ravishing her body. Chita's smile and beautiful spirit are rainbows -- a contradiction if you will, of the awful "storm" that she battles. Frankie's family (Chita's loved ones) are the umbrellas that "keep her covered". I was blessed to witness this outpouring of love on Friday night as we joined their huge family, and community of friends at this benefit dinner. Chita's rainbow lit that gathering.
Another story . . . The Grinner has been less "grinny" lately, perhaps feeling the effects of Typhoon Teddi, the beloved little sister who stormed in nearly four months ago and changed his life forever! Okay, she's not really a typhoon, but it is safe to say she did create some ripples for Brogie, and I think he is finally feeling it. That said, today while we were at our little base Thrift Store, Brogie found a rainbow . . . A little red skateboard, just his size, and just his price--$4.00. Brogie turned his "find" over, only to discover that Lightening McQueen, his personal hero, adorned the underside of the skateboard. By four year old standards, it was the perfect find! The Grinner grinned . . . and he and Flit spent the rest of the day practicing skateboard "tricks" on the safety of the living room carpet, together.
Flit had a little rainbow blessing of her own, as a friend came by to gift her with a baby doll. The sweet baby doll came complete with her own bouncy seat, sippy cup, bottle, plays keys and blankie! Flit took a break from skateboarding to play mommy for a bit. Blessings.
My dear friend Rosemary in Florida graciously listened (by phone) to my storm report yesterday. Today the base flower shop delivered a beautiful flower arrangement to my door, a rainbow blessing from Rosemary, to go along with her sweet encouragement from yesterday. Thank you Rosemary.
My mom, though distance now divides us, has been my protective umbrella since my life began! She is my calm in the storm, and she listens . . . and listens . . . and listens some more. Thank you mama for being my listening ear, my comic relief, and my calm. I love you.
Lastly I want to share some wonderful news that I heard through my Zhuhai Yahoo Group today. (This is the group of parents who have, or are in the process of adopting from Teddi's orphanage.) The news today was that another one of Teddi's little friends is coming home! A sweet three year old girl in Zhuhai, China will soon have a mama and baba to call her own. And guess what her new name will be? "Sunshine"! I love it! Thank you Lord that you put the orphans in families! Thank you Lord for Sunshine! I find it interesting that Teddi's favorite (and best) new English word over the past week has been "sunshine". You should have heard the delighted, "Ohhhhhhhh!" that came from her mouth today as she saw me looking at a picture of her long lost Zhuhai friend . . . soon to be "Sunshine", little did she know! That just makes me smile!
Thank you Lord for storms that help us grow, they make the rainbows all the sweeter. Thank you for the "umbrellas" you send to see us through.
Thank you to all who have been used as an "umbrella". May we always be on the lookout for someone who may need our cover.
Rainbow blessings~
Tina







8 comments:
Hi my sweet friend!
So glad to hear that you have had rainbows in spite of the stormy weather. Isn't God terrific?!?
Praying for you!
Much love,
Alycia
I am so glad you are seeing rainbows. These storms can be so tough, but He will provide us with those rainbow again and again.
Thank you for reminding us all about the value of rainbows and umbrellas each and every day. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for Van and know we send the same to you and your wonderful family for each and every storm that comes your way. Love to Teddi for her upcoming surgery. We will post on ours to keep you updated.
Have you ever heard of the Feingold diet? It is a natural way to help people (mostly kids, but definitely adults too) who suffer from ADD, as well as some other issues. If you google "Feingold" you should be able to find their site. It really can be extremely helpful.
I appreciate how you focus on the positive things that God is doing, in spite of many changes and difficulties. Your words are an inspiration and encouragement.
Blessings to you,
Sarah
Tina,
I will say special prayers for you to see you through this stormy time. I admire how open and honest you are on your blog. At times, I am too protective and wish I could reveal more. I just want you to know how strong and courageous I think you are by sharing your storms. Thinking of you!
Why is it that when I come to your blog I just feel like I've come in to a good friends living room for a great cup of coffee? I LOVE that!
The way you find the rainbows is the way to live life, Tina! I will continue to pray for you as you seek medical advice...may the Lord put just the right people and doctors in your path to make things clear.
I am praising God with you for all those rainbows!
There sure is lots of rain here. Thanks for reminding me that the umbrellas are as important as the rainbows. Thanks for being an umbrella of prayer for us.
Tina, I love you, you are so precious to me...I was talking to my friend Tammy tonight about how much you mean to me and what an incredible person you are. I love how you saw each rainbow within the storms. Thank you for being my umbrella and rainbow today!
((HUGS)),
Kim
Post a Comment