Today is my Dad's birthday . . .
Daddy, I just want to say thank you for being a wonderful example of what a father should be to his children. Despite working many long hours while the four of us were growing up, often times two (or three) jobs, you always made time for us. . . . Time to chase us around the house acting the part of a crazed gorilla (you know you did Dad, and now so do a lot of other people), time to build us a really cool tree house, time to burn-- I mean pop, popcorn, time to sing, time to camp, time to teach us how to build things and fix things, and so much more.
Thank you for saying, "yes" to eating huge bowls of ice cream instead of dinner on some special Sunday nights. Thank you for saying "yes" to ponies, and mini bikes, and "yes" to spending our allowance on candy--if that's what we wanted to do. Thank you for taking us to church. Thank you for letting the four of us follow our dreams . . . even when they might not have been what you would have chosen. Thank you for always supporting us, and always standing by us. Thank you for letting me move all over the world, without complaining. Thank you for being a wonderful Papa to my bigs, and my littles. Thank you for teaching me about God. Thank you for showing me how to love unconditionally. Thank you for your unconditional love, that has given me a true picture of how my Heavenly Father loves me!
Thank you for teaching me that laughter is a very, very important part of life!
Happy Birthday Dad & Papa!
We love you,
Tina, Bry, Bryce, Taylor, Brady, Brogie & Teddi







3 comments:
Hi Tina,
I am just amazed! I had just finished writing my latest post that is dedicated to my father even though it is not his birthday and started checking some blogs of my friends and when I started reading this post, I was again surprised by our similiaries. While our fathers seem to be very different in terms of personalities, it is apparent that their children love then and they are both good dads! God bless! Doris
Happy birthday to your Daddy! I know he must be so very proud of his precious daughter!
Hugs,
Ohilda
I love the picture of your dad and Grinner. Your dad sounds like a wonderful man--no surprise since he raised a wonderful daughter!
Blessings,
Sarah
Post a Comment