Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Six Sweet Months!

May 19, 2008 is a day that is forever etched in my memory.  It is the day that I first laid eyes on my daughter.  The ache that had long been in my heart went away the moment I laid eyes on her.  The wait was over.  I was whole once again.  It's hard to believe that it was six months ago, I can't imagine life without her.  I have chosen a picture from each month that she has been a part of us.  I present to you, my girl Ted . . .

This was a mere hour, maybe two, after Gotcha.  We had just arrived back at our hotel room. Teddi was enjoying her new sippy cup (see the water dripping from her chin), and had a tight hold on her baby doll.  If you look closely you can see the little teddy bear on her shirt collar. . . God's final seal.  She was unbelievably happy to be with us.  There were times of sadness and grieving, and looking back at some of the pictures her scared little face makes my heart hurt. For the most part though it was if she already knew us . . . such a happy girl.  God had prepared her heart!

June . . . our noodle lovin' girl . . . Home Sweet Home
 . . . meeting big brother Bryce
. . .  learning to live in a family
 . . . ever so brave!

July . . . the discovery of donut holes, mmm 
. . . and swimming . . . and fireworks, 
and so much more.

August . . . ice cream in Michigan . . .
meeting Grandmas and Grandpas,
aunts, uncles and cousins . . .
surrounded by love!
September . . . celebrating the first day of 
Fall with paper, glue and Grinner. . . 
as well as making her way
 bravely through palate surgery . . .
and recovery.  Strong girl.
October . . . showing Grinner how to skateboard
 . . . loving Play-doh and markers,
scissors and paper . . . dress-up . . .
 and Hot Wheels . . . and playing outside.

November . . . swinging and smiling
 . . . and talking . . . and laughing . . .
and talking .  . . and singing . . .
and did I mention talking?  
And sleeping through the night!
Yay Ted!

Teddi, 

You are everything I dreamed of, in one tiny, brave little package.  You love life, and we love you!  We are so proud of how far you have come baby girl!  To hear you say, "I love you" makes my heart sing.  To hear you pray makes me so proud to be your mama.  To hear you giggle with your brother makes me giggle too.  Thank you sweet girl for the joy you bring to us.  We love you Teddi Xiao Xiao with all our hearts.

Blessings from my grateful nest~

Tina



7 comments:

Joy said...

What a sweet post. She certainly is a gift from God. Happy Six Months!

Joy

Tammy said...

Happy 6 month anniversary! Teddy has obviously "bloomed" in your nest. :)

Blessings,
Tammy

BigOrangeDog said...

Well, that made me cry! What a beautiful girl. You are so lucky to have found each other. Happy 6 months!!!

Jen (Sunny's mom-to-be)

Patientlywaiting said...

Happy 6 monthiversary! I can't believe it has been six months already! I can still remember that knock on our door that Saturday morning after you had returned from China. I could hardly contain myself because I was so happy for you. The look of joy and pride was just glowing on your faces and it still does today. Teddi has changed a lot since that day. She has truly blossomed. She is definitely a gift of God that lights up the room with her smile.

Hugs,
Robin

Sarah said...

Your Ted is such a precious sweet girl! What a blessing she is to you and you all are to her. Thanks for sharing the monthly photos. She is absolutely adorable.
Blessings,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

What a difference a forever family can make! The pictures show beautiful change. A girl named Theadora, Teddi, Flit, or Ted (I am sure there will be moments each one will be said)and God knows her by every single one! So happy to follow along with your blessings.

Love, Karen

Ohilda said...

Happy 6 months sweet girl. Tina, wow! I could see her blooming in each picture. What a treasure your little bird truly is. God is so darn good!!!!!

Hugs,

Ohilda