Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sweetness From China


Some days, it is enough
encouragement just to watch 
the clouds break up and disappear,
leaving behind a blue patch of sky
and bright sunshine that is so
warm upon my face.  It's a glimpse of
 divinity; a kiss from heaven.


This was the word of the day on my little flip calender this past Sunday,  November 2nd.  It reminded me of my friend Sarah who is now in China.  November 2nd was the day that the clouds of "waiting" broke up and disappeared for Sarah and her family.  The sunshine broke through, and they received their "kiss from heaven" . . . a girl named Grace.  Isn't that just what God's grace is to us?  A kiss from heaven.  Thank you Lord for Grace! 

This picture is from Sarah's blog today.  Look at the grin on Grace's face, it makes my heart smile.  

Congratulations to Sarah and David, and to big sisters Yana and Lily, and big brothers Adam and Jadon!   We rejoice with you.  Thank you Lord for bringing Grace home.  You can follow Grace's journey, here.

More sweetness soon . . .

My blogger friend Kim, along with her husband Paul, and sweet little man Max, leave Texas in the morning to be united with their daughter Vivi Jo in China, on Monday.  Visit Kim's blog here, for a link to Vivi's travel journal.

God is good!

An update from the home front . . .  We have been battling respiratory crud that was a follow-on to the stomach bug that started with The Grinner.  Grinner is back up and running again.  I made a turn for the better on Tuesday and Teddi went down for the count on Tuesday, but improved today . . . rough nights again, ugh.  Big brother and sister are fighting it as well. Praying that Baba stays healthy . . . if I were him, I'd have run for the hills by now, but he has stuck by and taken care of us!  Thank you honey.

Blessings from our nest~

Tina

 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Tina,
Your sweetness always brings such joy to my heart. You are such a blessing to me!
Love from China,
Sarah

Tammy said...

I'm so sorry you guys have been sick. It's been going around here, too. I pray you are all over it quickly!

Patientlywaiting said...

Love that family picture from China! I will never get tired of seeing a precious child with their forever family. Can't wait for the sweet Katie forever family picture!

Sorry you are still sick. Do you think you are all on the road to recovery? Miss seeing you outside!

Hugs,
Robin

Margaret M said...

Tina,

I can't thank you enough for all the kind words and thoughtful prayers for our family. They mean so much to me dear friend. I am looking forward to chatting soon on the phone, just let me break through the clouds first!

I signed on tonight to catch up and see how you were doing. I did enjoy seeing Teddi's beautiful smile one month post op! I too am praying for our new president and his leadership for our country. It is not who I would have voted for (unable to vote in Louisiana) but I believe in supporting.

I was again blessed by the saying at the top of this post. It brought tears to my eyes and I just may have to borrow it!

Hugs and Thanks!

Margaret