Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Am Honored . . .

to have received my first ever blogger award, compliments of my friend Tammy, over at Enjoying Our Journey!  Tammy and I have much in common . . . we are both long time military wives (though her dh is now retired).  We are both mamas to five-- big and little (soon to be six for Tammy).  And we both brought home treasures from China last spring.  We spent the fall encouraging each other when my dear Teddi, and Tammy's sweet little Madi underwent palate surgery just a couple of weeks apart.  Thank you Tammy for the award, I am honored!


Now I get to pass on the award . . . . and I am choosing . . . drumroll please . . . . .  . . . .
my new blogger friend Linn (and her fill in blogger, husband Dwight) at A Place Called Simplicity!

If you have never visited this blog, get yourself a cup of coffee, or hot cocoa, or in my case some sweeeeeet tea and some M&Ms.  What I'm saying is, get comfy . . . and then read what God has done in the lives of a great big family who live in the mountains of Colorado, in A Place Called Simplicity!  Hop on over there right now!  Really!  Get a look at the sweetness just home from Uganda . . . look to the sidebar and read their Wild Adventures Parts 1 thru 7 . . . you will be amazed, truly amazed.  

Linn and Dwight, I award you this One Lovely Blog Award because, simply put:  Reading your blog does my heart much good!  Thank you that every single time I visit, I am inspired . . . I laugh . . .  sometimes I cry . . . and always, always I see God!  Love you guys!

(Dwight, sorry the award is a little prissy, if I had any clue about such things I would manly it up a bit for you, but as we've discussed previously -- I have no clue when it comes to blogger awards.  Just pretend it's actually hand hewn wood instead of a tea cup with flowers, okay?)

Blessings from my happy nest ~

Tina



4 comments:

Tammy said...

I was happy to pass the award along to you. You have been such a help and an inspiration to me!

Blessings to you and your nest!
Tammy

Tracey said...

What a fabulous family photo! Happy holidays to you and your whole happy crew! What a glorious year it has been for our families! We love keeping up with you and yours this way!

Mom Of Many said...

Oh Tina!! I am so honored and humbled by your kindness. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have seen this award on other's blogs and always admired it!! I am a teacup lover (once had a collection but sold most of it to help bring the babies home!).... it is just so feminine and beautiful...and as far as Dw goes - he can just admire the sweetness of it (after all, he has a pink shirt that he looks very handsome in)! lol

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will post about it tomorrow!! You are just too sweet!!

Much love,
Linn
xo

BigOrangeDog said...

What a great new header photo! Just look at all those beautiful kiddos!!!